• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NEW Gorilla Boy Simian

joshuajames

Double Eagle Member
Has anyone purchased and used the new Gorilla Boy Simian? I believe the new version came out about 2-3 months ago.

What are the updates to the bag? Anything significant?

Has anyone purchased and used the new Gorilla Boy Simian? I believe the new version came out about 2-3 months ago.

What are the updates to the bag? Anything significant?

https://www.gorilla-boy.com/Simian,_NEW_STYLE/p1894890_19797693.aspx

The bag has the side disc storage being more secure it looks different like something from The Innova Discarrier that people have used some of the really thin zipper pouches . The very bottom zipper is gone for a gap under the fame in opening as a majority of people who complained would shove a rain or wind jacket under the discs over stuff the pouch and then get zipper jammed or the zipper would just fail for no reason on the old models.

It is obviously different from both the upgraded knock off by Bagalane where one side has a cooler with bottom drain cap on the one side or the original knock off.

over 5 min limit.

The Bag is more usable but the disc storage in main part seems not as useful in this bag as compared to others with the same type of disc storage.

Have you ever seen one in real life?

One of my friends stuffs like 30 discs in his.

I think the main disc area is a great design.

Yeah it's great. Easy in and out and it fits plenty. One of the more comfortable bags I have owned. I like the looks of the new model.

I ordered one today. I will give it the Youtube review treatment asap. Maybe 2 weeks of use, so 3 weeks from now or so. I will post a link here when I finish the video.

I stuck to my schedule. 3 weeks later as promised.
I just uploaded my review video to youtube : https://youtu.be/6j7h3tnW-F4

Feel free to ask any questions about the bag I may have missed or offer any critique of the video.
Thanks!

I stuck to my schedule. 3 weeks later as promised.
I just uploaded my review video to youtube : https://youtu.be/6j7h3tnW-F4

Feel free to ask any questions about the bag I may have missed or offer any critique of the video.
Thanks!

Unrelated to the Simian - any plans to review a cart? Would like to see you review the Crosslap Cubus.

Unrelated to the Simian - any plans to review a cart? Would like to see you review the Crosslap Cubus.

Maybe. No current plans to pull carts. I have used 2 different zucas and a couple jogging strollers in the past. Unlikely by this fall. More likely next summer I might do some cart comparisons.
I just checked the Crosslap Cubus web page and couldn't figure out how to get one to the USA.

Maybe. No current plans to pull carts. I have used 2 different zucas and a couple jogging strollers in the past. Unlikely by this fall. More likely next summer I might do some cart comparisons.
I just checked the Crosslap Cubus web page and couldn't figure out how to get one to the USA.

They sell through DiscsUnlimited. I emailed them not too long ago & they said they plan on getting more but they didn't have an exact date. It looks like a competitor to the Delta Cart minus the $500 price tag.

They sell through DiscsUnlimited. I emailed them not too long ago & they said they plan on getting more but they didn't have an exact date. It looks like a competitor to the Delta Cart minus the $500 price tag.

Isn't the Crosslap Cubus what Ricky Wysocki uses for his cart now that he is back with Innova again?

Just watched you review of my simian. Give me a call so i can answer all your questions about why i did what i did on the new bag.

I just talked with Chris and he answered many of the questions I had in the video.

Weight:
New bag weighs more than old vs New bag weighs less than old.
Answer: different colored material weighs different amounts. The new camo bag I have is a heavier material compared to others.

Velcro hook and loop:
Hook on back of bag scratches against straps, should have been done the other way with the hook put on the padding and the loop put on the back of the bag.
Answer: Chris originally did put the soft loop on the back of the bag and put the scratchy hook on the padding. That created its own problem as sometimes the back padding would roll and then the scratchy hooks would catch on shirts.

Secure pockets gone and haul loop moved:
It sounds like both these decisions where made with simplicity and streamlining the manufacturing process as a priority.

Thanks Chris for taking the time to answer my questions, it really shows you care about your business and take customer service seriously!

Does anybody have any long term experience with the redesigned simian?

I watched doth_savek's video and it is extremely informative, but I was just wanting to hear more opinions if possible.

Does anybody have any long term experience with the redesigned simian?

I watched doth_savek's video and it is extremely informative, but I was just wanting to hear more opinions if possible.

I still have this bag and use it on occasion. It is holding up well, and I have had no problems.

Is it better in the holding of the two side discs then the Old Simian bag and do those disc get lost in those disc pockets?

https://youtu.be/6j7h3tnW-F4

I talk about that all in the review. It was almost a year ago and I had both styles on hand. I don't remember every little detail, so instead of typing out my best guess I will refer you to the detailed video I made.

Latest posts