• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New grip lineup.

Probs should have posted this in the Passion thread. I really couldn't tell if the bag was a new design from Grip.

Clip was filmed at Kensington Toboggan. She's approaching the basket on #17, and teeing off on #'s 16 and 1. Chances are the other footage was filmed at the picnic area on the across the parking lot from the course.

Last edited:
Well since the passion have a thread. I am mostly interested in the bag in this thread at least :) it seems to be a grip bag. And not the one that is for sale.
A couple of really slowmos on the bag too.

That looks like a new bag. Very cool. I'm really looking forward to new color combinations. Although the sand, black and gray bags were popular, I wanted different color options. I have an orange and gray grip that I love. Can't wait!

possible first look at the new BX3. "Someone asked what the differences are with these BX3 on Grip's instagram and their reply was "Great question! Visit our site on August 15 to find out!""

bnkDfDt.jpg

Yea, Im not really sure how much more Grip can innovate. They have a solid lineup and all I can see them doing is adding different colorways. They would be smart to jump on the create-your-own colorways that a lot of other brands already do.

To bad that the only grip with a nice cary handle is the G-Series.

If just Grip could fix that i would not need to pay x3 for the Pound

To bad that the only grip with a nice cary handle is the G-Series.

If just Grip could fix that i would not need to pay x3 for the Pound

Really, that handle is a POS to me. I carry my AX3 all the time by the carry handle and have never had any issues with it. To each their own I guess.

this bag just looks like the Eagle SE bag from a couple years ago. Doesn't look like an updated model (hard to tell) but it does look like a special colorway.

I don't think GripEQ will ever do customs like Pound, because their bags are mass produced overseas.

So was this some kind of out-of-season April fool's joke by announcing "new colours" and then only dropping two new-ish colours?

The Paige CX1 bag looks pretty awesome, C series disc capacity, with the same style storage and insulated drink holders as the AX/BX bags. I liked the older CS15 bags for their drink holders, but with no storage at all it was a bit impractical for anything more than the shortest casual rounds, the C series kinda fixed it but the weird dual purpose drink holder/storage pocket seemed odd. CX1 is sort of the best of both worlds. I'm bummed I didn't notice that at first, thought it was just the same old C series, and then by the time I noticed, they were already sold out.

Man, that CX1 looks like the perfect bag. I wonder if they will drop it without PP plastered all over it. I have a really old C (before CS) and it fits all the discs I need, but no storage. The B has worked, but that CX would be nice and snug for frisbees with room for all the Knick knacks.

Anybody else kinda let down by this. I was expecting a bit more, I wouldnt even call this a new release. It seems like they just updated some colors and make the shoulder straps better.

I agree that it really seemed a bit hyped for what they released. It's just upgraded models of what they had before. Alas, I'm not sure what else could have come from it…

But again, If they drop a normal run of the CX1, I might ask the wife for forgiveness after it arrives at my doorstep….

To be fair, I haven't purchased a bag since the first or second run of the B… (not the BX). Again, though, both my old C and B have held up better than I could have asked. Grip makes an awesome product, IMO, despite overhyped releases :)

Overhyped is the correct word, not like they've really made massive changes from AX3-AX4-AX5 but it seems like a whole lot of excitement building up around essentially the same old bag in 2 new colors and with a new strap design.

seems like the new PP CX1 is actually the old CS bag? although I can't say that I recall ever seeing the CS for sale or on a course.
https://grip-eq.com/product/cs-series-2/

Overhyped is the correct word, not like they've really made massive changes from AX3-AX4-AX5 but it seems like a whole lot of excitement building up around essentially the same old bag in 2 new colors and with a new strap design.

seems like the new PP CX1 is actually the old CS bag? although I can't say that I recall ever seeing the CS for sale or on a course.
https://grip-eq.com/product/cs-series-2/

Yeah, Looking back even that CS would have been a better choice for me, now that I realize I don't need that many discs. What do ya do.

The new CS design (with the bottle holder on the storage "pocket") seems lackluster… it doesn't even appear to add much more usable storage (for a rain jacket or something…). Shrugs.

It was a bit disappointing, especially after seeing the awesome job on the Ledgestone releases. I figured it would be something similar to that design, but with the 80's color schemes. I am excited to be getting a turquoise gray AX5, but more color options would been great.

It was a bit disappointing, especially after seeing the awesome job on the Ledgestone releases. I figured it would be something similar to that design, but with the 80's color schemes. I am excited to be getting a turquoise gray AX5, but more color options would been great.

Right, that 80's style white pink and blue coloring made me think we would be getting an amped up version of Eagles bag but all we got was two new colors and the PP stuff.