• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New grip lineup.

So my cheapo Infinite is falling apart and Grip had a sale for worlds and I bought a BX3. Got it yesterday.

What's the deal with the side inserts? They seem too big and bow in towards the center of the bag. There really isn't room for them to self-correct loaded up, I presume. Do people trim these?

They'll break in over time, you can speed it along by overstuffing it. IIRC I usually just threw 2-3 extra discs in the bag any time I wasn't using it to help stretch it out for the first couple weeks.

They'll break in over time, you can speed it along by overstuffing it. IIRC I usually just threw 2-3 extra discs in the bag any time I wasn't using it to help stretch it out for the first couple weeks.

Yeah. That's what I did. I'm playing a tourney this weekend and I'm using my old bag since I don't really want any more distractions and won't need the extra storage. So i just stuffed it full and am letting it sit for like a week until I start using it.

Does anyone know if the BX3 bag has a ridiculous shaped main compartment like the CX1? I have a CX1 and love the bag but the main compartment is narrower at the front than the back by quite a bit and the discs get overlapped because if it. It also has an hourglass shape on the sides which causes the bottom of the discs to kick out and the tops to tip in. I really don't get why the main compartment is not just a box. If the BX3 is a box I think I might swap mine for that one as the bag is great except for the shape of the main compartment.

My wife and I both have BX's. Mine is a 2 and hers is a 3 but they are essentially identical.

I wouldn't consider anything to be weird about the main disc compartment. The inserts on either side of the compartment that help the bag maintain it's rigidity are typically kind of bowed in when the bag is new but if you stuff it full of discs and use the bag it eventually breaks in.

Latest posts