• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Indiana courses in 2015

ajbova

Bogey Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Came across a webpage stating that a course (or 2) is going in at East and West park in New Whiteland, IN opening in summer 2015. It is south of Indianapolis between Greenwood and Franklin.

Anybody know about this or any other new courses popping up in Indiana this year?

Word on the street sez there's a 9er going in on private property near North Liberty, IN.

That's all I know. Probably going to be private from the sounds of it, but really I have no idea.

The only other things I have heard of is a redesign of Northwestway (Indy) and a 9 hole addition to Sahm (Indy). There has to be more courses in development!

I am sure Dennis (MacDaddy) knows something, but he likes to keep his projects a secret until the last minute.

Had two players from Franklin stop in the shop a few weeks ago. They told me about the east/west courses and Blue Heron is getting 6 more holes.
Lafayette area is getting another 18, I believe.

As far as Sahm getting another 9 and upgrades & N.W. way the Tax Deductible Acct. with Indy Parks foundation is open specific for disc golf. Now we can go after Corp. Sponsorship.

Anyone in the Indianapolis area that wants a one time $750 tax deductible donation, for 10 to 15 years of advertising at a public park, on both tee signs and Kiosk, send me a email.

The Sahm Park course renovation/redesign/expansion is underway. Mainly clearing the new holes in the woods right now. The Northwestway redesign/refurb is on hold until Sahm is completed (Indy Parks only wanted to work on one course at a time).

If we could get $5K in sponsorship, there could be a course in Anderson tomorrow!

And yes, there are others on the way.... :thmbup:

Had two players from Franklin stop in the shop a few weeks ago. They told me about the east/west courses and Blue Heron is getting 6 more holes.
Lafayette area is getting another 18, I believe.

As far as Sahm getting another 9 and upgrades & N.W. way the Tax Deductible Acct. with Indy Parks foundation is open specific for disc golf. Now we can go after Corp. Sponsorship.

Anyone in the Indianapolis area that wants a one time $750 tax deductible donation, for 10 to 15 years of advertising at a public park, on both tee signs and Kiosk, send me a email.

Does anyone know anything about this? I'm assuming it's a permanent install at Wabash washout? I play up there periodically and would love a new course.

I think they are going to shut down the current course at the Washout because of bridge construction for the next few years. they are thinking about putting in a course on the south side of the park. you can go to the Wabash disc golf club and ask Scuba Steve about it. he would have all the details.

Any update on when more courses will come online? Is Sahm finished yet? Hoping to see more courses pop up in the northern Indianapolis area!

We are still fundraising for Sahm expansion and upgrades.
if any person, Business would like to sponsor a hole email me at [email protected].
Working with the Indy Parks Foundation, we now have a TAX - DEDUCTIBLE acct. for this project.
A one time $750 donation will sponsor a hole. In return sponsors will get Advertising on Tee signs, Kiosk and possibly on the Target for 10 to 15 years!

Clearing the wooded holes has happened over the last few months with many work days ahead. 5 Hole sponsorships have been sold.
April 17th a fundraising tournament will be played at Sahm. Go to the HDGU page on DiscGolfScene.com for more info.
Plans are to have temp baskets on the wooded holes for the tournament!

Tillman park disc golf course update: Fort Wayne, IN

Still working on the course. 11 holes are playable with baskets, another 5 or 6 holes are cleared but the basket are not in yet. It's still a pretty confusing layout but I'd be down to play with anyone if they want a tour.

Have they started putting in another course on Terre Haute, IN?

This was the last update (for Deming south course) I saw on their club Facebook page, they had sleeves done but not installed and two baskets left to repair. They were holding off on pouring concrete for the sleeves/baskets until the freezing season was over. Also, they were told to hold off on pouring concrete tees.

McAllister Park in Lafayette, IN now has baskets on all 18 holes. INDOT decided against using the old ball golf course as a staging area for the bridge work they are going to do. There have been a few alterations to the layout.

3 Blue's teepad is now on the mound you usually throw over but off to the right a bit. There are flags and the paver so you'll see it. 7 Red & Blue's teepads are moved quite a bit northwest. After playing 6 walk down the cart path that marks 6's right-hand OB line about 200' and look to your right. You'll see flags and the pavers. There's a bunker just short of the basket. It'll need to get cleaned up and defined. Hole 6 is going to become a par 4 so the new basket location will lead you right to 7's tees. The Gold tee for hole seven has not yet been figured out so its paver is still in the old location.

Sahm Park clearing has been happening. Most trees have been cut for the new holes. Next is to chip and bush hog the fairways for the course fundraiser tournament April 17th

Evergreen Park in Huntington (25 minutes southwest of Fort Wayne) has 9 holes complete and clearing has begun on the other 9 holes. 2 tee pads per hole (except hole 3 and 9), basket for hole 9 is missing at the moment, and no signs yet. Hopefully by the end of the year, the other 9 holes will be playable, hoping for a course completion in early 2017.

Waiting on Sahm to dry out enough to be able to get the wood chipper and bush hog in the woods. Worst case all the upgrades will be done before winter.

Anderson is well on its' way to a new 18-hole (Blue and Red tees, A/B pins)disc golf course at Edgewater Park. After lengthy and extensive reviews with the US Army Corp of Engineers and the City Parks Board, we have raised over $14K of the $20K needed to build the course. With any kind of fund raising and decent weather this summer and fall, the course should be in this year.

Latest posts