• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Indiana courses in 2015

A new 18 hole pro/am tee disc golf course is being installed in Lapping park in Clarksville, Indiana. The first 9 will be ready by late Spring with the other 9 being installed over the course of Summer.

Here is a link to a local newspaper with the story and details: http://www.newsandtribune.com/news/...cle_48d70b62-da6f-11e5-b1d0-9b207f945660.html :clap:

Lapping Park now has the first 9 baskets (plus a practice) in the ground. There will be two tee pads and basket locations per hole. The tees are designed to be true pro and am pads with separate fairways on most holes. More will to be done to 6-8 to make them more playable over the next week or so. Tee signs coming soon. Back 9 will be cleared in the fall (the course is completely wooded), and concrete tees installed in 2017.

Lapping Park now has the first 9 baskets (plus a practice) in the ground. There will be two tee pads and basket locations per hole. The tees are designed to be true pro and am pads with separate fairways on most holes. More will to be done to 6-8 to make them more playable over the next week or so. Tee signs coming soon. Back 9 will be cleared in the fall (the course is completely wooded), and concrete tees installed in 2017.

Thanks for all the hard work! Cant wait to get down there and get a few rounds in

Lapping Memorial!

Big thanks to AdamE and Clarksville Parks and Rec!
I have been following the development of this course, practically hounding the Parks people about its progress. We have some good courses in the area, but this is almost in my backyard, and it looks like its gonna be a hum-dinger! Hole #6 is already my favorite. The course has it all! Length, tight narrow fairways, elevation, dangerous rough, occasional water, lefties, righties. Not many cheapie sky hyzers to be had on this course! Come with your skill shots or suffer the consequences! Can't wait for the tees and the back 9! Hope to meet you sometime Adam.
Ryan

Thanks for the kind words RyKim, I'm sure I'll see you out on the course soon!

Lapping Park now has signs for both pads on the front 9! http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=8538

Pin placement indicators coming soon after I get back from vacation and we'll have a bulletin board sometime in the future also. Clearing for the back 9 will begin in the fall once the leaves drop!

13938556_1149031121806396_7260875700421174580_n.jpg

So after many starts and stops over the last seven years or so.... There will be a course in Anderson, IN soon at Edgewater Park! We have final approval for the design from the US Army Corps of Engineers, approval from the City to build it, and the funding in place by private sponsorships. There have already been about 20 trees planted to enhance the layout, which will liberally use the large levee (think Morse Beach on steroids) in the park, as well as some huge mature trees and plenty of room to "pump, you up". I can't wait to get this one in the ground this spring! :clap:

Latest posts