• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New Innova Stuff

giphy.gif

They must read the forum! We should have made it login only.

Anyone throwing these mysteres? Really waiting on a star run, but curious how the gstars fly.

So besides making Stingray lovers happy with the Champ Manta, this is another month of useless stuff. On a side note what happened to Echo Star?

So besides making Stingray lovers happy with the Champ Manta, this is another month of useless stuff. On a side note what happened to Echo Star?

I'm totally guessing, but maybe all of the scrap plastic that was used for echo star is now being used in the swirly runs.

I really want some pro leo3's. My lifetime supply of old pro leo's turned out to be more of a six year supply and the new ones have way too much dome. I will definitely try the DX if it flat.

I dunno about "useless", as the DX Leo3s will be loved by someone. But I was also disappointed with this newest offering. I was hoping for production Star Mystere or (production) Champ Aviar3s.

I'm totally guessing, but maybe all of the scrap plastic that was used for echo star is now being used in the swirly runs.

I'll buy that for a dollar. And maybe Echostars have not sold all that well?

I'd guess there are a lot of reasons Echostar could get phased out. Given the popularity of the Innova Factory Store these days, selling factory seconds there could be more profitable than grinding them up, remolding, and selling them to retailers for reduced wholesale prices.

In terms of consumer demand, Echostar discs tended to be a little less stable and less durable than their Star brethren, at least in most molds I tried (such as Teebirds and Destroyers). I'd say GStar fits that description pretty well for most molds nowadays, and Innova can sell it for more money than Echostar. Alternately, driver Pro costs less, doesn't have the floppiness of GStar, and also beats in similarly to Echostar. Innova doesn't appear to be phasing out Pro or GStar, so I don't really see much of a hole left if Echostar gets the boot.

I feel like echostar could be a comes-and-goes type thing, just depends if they end up with enough of the right scrap.