• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New Innova Stuff

I guess to me the old school DX creature stamps are a nostalgia trip back to my teens. Pre-disc golf internet, going to the sports store and picking discs by a combination of the poster-size flight charts and what looked cool.

bruh did you just see the groove just came out and it has a 6 glide

no other disc has this much glide its only in champion tho but it is well worth the price its so good

bruh did you just see the groove just came out and it has a 6 glide

no other disc has this much glide its only in champion tho but it is well worth the price its so good

One of my buddies definitely had all the weird discs, Groove, Blowfly, Epic...

I basically had a Lightning driver (#4 maybe?) and then later a Reaper I'd found on the course and some Aviar variant with like a triple-misstamp I bought from the local "sell discs out of the back of a van" dude.

Oh and when a nearby course with a bunch of water opened up pretty much all of us fell for the Dragon.

One of my buddies definitely had all the weird discs, Groove, Blowfly, Epic...

I basically had a Lightning driver (#4 maybe?) and then later a Reaper I'd found on the course and some Aviar variant with like a triple-misstamp I bought from the local "sell discs out of the back of a van" dude.

everyone tried out the groove at the time (and quickly learned)

i got a pfn star destroyer that is still in storage somewhere that i bought from a dude sitting at hole 1 of a local course selling any disc $5 each

Looks like maybe some newer star runs hitting the shelves of my local shop. Super duper stiff like ESP plastic before the swirly Kongs came out. Not sure how it flies yet

Oh when a nearby course with a bunch of water opened up pretty much all of us fell for the Dragon.

That disc works well on tailwind shots on open holes especially if good steady amount of wind that is not gusty, you can use 3/4 to half power depending on tailwind and get the disc to the basket. I have a modern R-DX Dragon for such a shot. The only flaw is the plastic gets worn in too quick now with the modern lightweight DX, the stuff feels like R-DX as if the rubber part of R-Pro was made for the lightweight DX plastic as well I have had last 2 DX Dragons my previous and current disc this way. I do not get why Innova dose not make the Dragon at 150 grams in Blizzard Champion plastic for a more durable disc.

I also use the mold for water shots just to cut down on getting another better driving water disc, #2 Driver from Lighting was crap as discs at 169 grams or more would only float for 20-30 minutes or so that was the time the disc floated for in calm winds and the plastic at the time was crap as it was pre DuPont plastic added to Lightning Baseline plastic. I got soon after losing that Glow #2 Driver from Lighting a Dragon as that was the only floating disc on the market at the time that was not from Lighting that some like Rubber Putter or the #2 Driver had to be under a specific weight.

That disc works well on tailwind shots on open holes especially if good steady amount of wind that is not gusty, you can use 3/4 to half power depending on tailwind and get the disc to the basket. I have a modern R-DX Dragon for such a shot.

Is this an open hole? Check
Is there a tailwind? Check
Is the tailwind steady/not gusty? Check
Do I feel like throwing a 75% power shot? Check

Alrighty boys, looks like the stars have aligned...finally get to throw my dragon.

Alrighty boys, looks like the stars have aligned...finally get to throw my dragon.

Also forgot to mention I use the disc in max distance situations too on calm days on an open hole. Open is 80%-85% open or more and no trees right in the fairway. Most of the max distance with Dragon is due to disc being 150 grams for a driver. POn the windy tailwind one could throw max power too, if the hole is longer or the like then max distance with a Dragon on a clam day on the same spot.

Last edited:

Wait. Must also check to make sure there are no fairway features that could chew up the flimsy plastic.

Looks like maybe some newer star runs hitting the shelves of my local shop. Super duper stiff like ESP plastic before the swirly Kongs came out. Not sure how it flies yet

The last runs of ESP without swirl was not durable, I should know having a bunch of my back up Impacts in that plastic, having my current thrower being not durable as it got a mini bit taken out of the disc just by hitting a large Cottonwood tree. Incidentally that fixed the disc from being just slightly US from the way my other backups fly and my current throwing Ace Race disc, plus the 2 back up disc that are ace race discs. The other backups are about the same feel as current thrower so I would guess the discs to be the same durability as my current production disc.

Wait. Must also check to make sure there are no fairway features that could chew up the flimsy plastic.

For the modern DX Dragons that feel more like R-DX yes. Older DX Dragons that did not have this problem not as much, could have rocks and other stuff as this plastic was more the old 2000's DX plastic made lighter. One thing I do like about the new DX Dragon is that when I use disc in wet conditions as well as wet from using as a water disc the grip is still there compared with older DX Dragons that seemed to have plastic dry out over time and lose grip.

Sorry if covered elsewhere or earlier, but is EchoStar dead? Like, forever gone?

Someone on these boards (don't remember who) said that some Echostar runs of certain discs was coming out, but I haven't seen that yet. IMHO, Echostar was discontinued because Innova is using that source material for their swirly Star discs for their Tour Series for their pros.

So maybe they'll come out with some Echostars again. It would not hurt to email Innova and inquire, which will get you an answer and also let them know people are thinking about Echostar...

Innova has been quietly making (releasing?) echo star destroyers all year. There are the single color air force stamps and the burning star stamps.

Shhhhh!

I need Terns in 166-171 ish weights.

they have one at the local pias its decently used probably no moar than $10 so would be about $15 shipped if you want me to weigh it and ship if its in your desired weight/wear

its really a 6/10

they have one at the local pias its decently used probably no moar than $10 so would be about $15 shipped if you want me to weigh it and ship if its in your desired weight/wear

its really a 6/10

Thanks, but I'll pass. Mine are probably about like that now. I somewhat cycle them, so new is desired.

Latest posts