• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New Innova Stuff

That could be the Anhyzer top, but it's impossible to be sure.
High rim configuration numbers mean more blunt, right?

I don't see a way to determine if it is the anhyzer top. The only thing I can distinguish is the core tooling which matches up with the TL3, Teebird3, and FD2 v3 with the Innova text/tooling pushed to the outer edge near the rim.

The PD (& TD + CD I think?) were the lowest speed discs to receive the anhyzer top at a '10' speed (9 speed rim/core from Firebird & Roadrunner/Beast?). I'd guess there is likely a limitation as to how low profile a top mold piece can get with the existing Innova core/rim combinations and still be a viable disc (lower rim width/higher inner diameter of a 7/8 speed might cause the upper shoulder to come too close to the inner rim).

A larger rim config just means the shoulder above the parting line is steep, the leading edge is blunt or has thickness, or the geometry of the rim below is flatter/convex/taller/'VTech' compared to a fully concave rim.

The highest rim config 7/8 speeds discs Innova has manufactured are the:
  • Innova IT (38.75)
  • Infinite Centurion (37.0)
  • DM FD2 v1 (37.25)
  • Infinite Exodus (34.25)
  • DM FD (34.75)
  • DM FD2 v3 (33.75)
  • Innova TL/TL3 (33.0)

Here's a very simple person's aspect: the pictures look like it.

I don't get technical with rim configurations, honestly I don't even know what that means. But as someone that's held 1000s of discs it *looks* like the anhyzer top.

The slightly wider diameter and the 1.8 rim reminds me of a Vulture. I hate the name, but if Innova knows how to make anything it's a fairway driver. I'll probably give one a try if the numbers indicate a usable flight pattern.

Let me reword my statement. Everybody who hates the tern hates it for its lower half.

I can only tolerate the tern. It flies very well, but it's so shallow and hard to grip.

I have had some issues with grip, but that aspect is what makes it so long. Same for the Maya.

Will Innova re-release any of the halo discs that are out of stock right now? Will they have another run of Halo sidewinders or is that a single run special thing.

Will Innova re-release any of the halo discs that are out of stock right now? Will they have another run of Halo sidewinders or is that a single run special thing.

They've been doing runs of destroyers and wraiths. Not sure what the demand is for halo sidewinders

I get the feeling Innova won't be putting out many 'stock' runs of Halo, just tour series or Major/NT tournament fundraisers.
Upcoming events they are sponsoring would be US Masters, USDGC, and the Delaware NT. I expect some more Japan Open fundraisers to come out in the winter months as well.

Still awaiting Barsby '21 tour series drop and Wysocki/Sexton's second (unless the stock Invictus/Xcal signature discs are replacing the nexus tour series putter molds).

I haven't been as impressed with the 2021 or even some of the 2020 Ricky Pigs as I was with the 2019 run. Probably should have bought a big stack of those.