• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] new md3

Discmania seems afraid to push the boundaries of over and under stability in mids and putters.

and why is that? it's getting kind of weird. they had no fear throwing out very over and understable drivers. i guess we just need to wait and see where they're going with the md1 but i doubt it ends up being understable.

and why is that? it's getting kind of weird. they had no fear throwing out very over and understable drivers. i guess we just need to wait and see where they're going with the md1 but i doubt it ends up being understable.

Your guess is as good as mine. I doubt the MD1 becomes stupid understable either. Due to a lack of distance I prefer to have a diverse selection of mids and putters since I'm always approaching the pins. I love PDs as a do it all driver, but I would love to put some Discmania mids in the bag. The MD2 is working really well, but I'm not 100% that it's going to make the bag permanently.

Part of me is hoping they make the MD1 the same as the proto MD2 mold. Only got one of those left. It was the best version of the MD2

I ended up setting up my bag like so before I left for work:
CE QMS
CMD2 proto(QMS 2.0)
CMD2 - flat top(like a buzzz)
CMD3 - glow flat flies like a damn good Roc

I'm liking the md3 so far. Like zj said, good stability and feels great in the hand. I have turned them over when thrown hard but I know that was my fault (oat) and not so much the disc

Not as overstable as I was hoping for, but still a solid disc. I can power down my xxx if needed

most stable----->less stable

glow md3
testing a new disc
star mako

the glow md3 kicked out the cmd2 and the new mid kicked out the worn in cmd2. a gator makes an appearance based on weather conditions, but it has been over a year since i've had a roc stay in the bag. the shark 3 was in the mix for a few months until i got my hands on a md3.

Can't wait for production runs. I'm liking my md3 so far. I think a p or d line would be awesome to cycle

Just got a couple of stock C-MD3s in the mail today. Wish I would have gotten them before I went out for a round. Anyways, by the looks of them they have slightly more dome than my glow c-lines, but not much. They feel the same at the shoulder and then get domey in the middle. You can't tell by my pictures, but it seems the parting line is unfortunately a little lower than the glows. Oh well. They are in the sweet new jolly launcher plastic though.

ETA: Glow is on the left. New C-MD3 on the right.

photo+1.JPG

photo+2.JPG

Does anyone know what Innova base these are molded from? Is it based off the Coyote like the MD2/Mako/Lycan, or is it based off something else?

Exactly how beefy are these, either the glows or productions? My production should show up Monday. I throw a ti wasp as a semi overstable mid and wanted to give one a shot. Didn't know how it compared to the roc3 and shark3 also.

Gotten some rounds in with the production run C-MD3, and I think it is just a hair less HSS than the CFRs. Too much overlap with the newer run C-MD2. Really sucks. There is NO way this disc is 5/5/0/3.

yep

Sharke 3 has more low speed fade. MD3 moves forward faster

PM me if anyone wants some glow MD3 action.

I got my stock md3 in the mail a few days ago and finally got to throw it a bit. My shoulder isn't 100% yet and it was windy, so I'm basing everything off of limited throws. I thought it flew similar to my ti wasp, whereas the shark3 was more beefy.

I'd like to wear in the md3 and see how it flies.

Latest posts