• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] new md3

Ill throw them tonight and give a review. Earlier reviews were that it had more hss and lss than the md2.

I'm going to throw them before I react to one guys review on the disc.

Got a few good throws in with it. It is very similar in shape to the flat MD2, but definetely more stable than the md2. It isnt gator overstable, its nicely stable when thrown flat and has a moderate fade

My flat c-md2 when thrown flat will have some high speed turn and minimal fade

Since we're talking about Flat MD2's I thought it was funny to see Jussi response on SpinTV when asked about what's in his bag.

2 First Run D-line P2s (171 gram)
3 D-line P2s (175)
2-3 Flat C-line MD2s (178-180)
2 C-line MD3 (179-180)
3 C-line FD (171-175)
2 First Run C-line PDs (175)
1 S-line PD (175)
2 First Run C-line PD2s (175)
1 Blizzard C-line DD2 (167)
1 C-line DD2 (172)

On Deck (casual rounds):
C-line P3
Proto C-line MD3
S-line TD2

He specifically states Flat MD2 - he knows the domey ones suck too.

The other interesting disc is the C-line P3's. I saw they were available on the European Innova factory store but I'm looking forward to picking those's up state side.

Wow, thats very interesting.

I wonder what he uses the Blizzard C-line DD2 amd the S-TD2 for? Seems very understable for him. DD2 perhaps for max distance, dont know...

Made a drunk purchase of 2 MD3s last night. Also finally bit the bullet on a C-P2. Very excited to see how these turn out.

Shipping on hero is high. Cost me $13 to ship 4 discs.

Wish they had a free shipping after so much

I've complained several times regarding their shipping policy, doesn't seem like it will ever change. Shipping for me was $15 for 10 of the glow PDs.

Back to the MD3, I am surprised I haven't seen glowing reviews for this disc; I love the MD3. I've gotten roughly 12 rounds in with them, and I find it a perfect complement to my MD2 lineup. These discs can definitely be put on an anny line and they will come out predictably. When Charlotte had some the tropical storm weather that just pushed through, I could throw my MD3 flat in a headwind and it flew just like a C-MD2 with no wind; very slight left to right with a predictable fade. There is a very good chance this disc could replace my Kenny Glow Roc, it's nearly as stable and A LOT cheaper. If there are any drawbacks to the disc, I would say that I wouldn't mind the disc having a little bit more HSS, but for now I am happy. Actually, for the time being my mid lineup is set:

CE QMS
Old run / flat and gummy C-MD2
New run / flat and pearly C-MD2
MD3
CE Gator

Oh, and I was told that the C-P3s were hitting stateside next month. Yay!

I am pretty excited to get my hands on these. I abuse the combo of QMS/MD2 so hopefully this fits right next to those. I have a glow roc3 so I am curious to see if it stays around with the addition of the MD3

c-p3 is what you want ;) i just wish they were flatter.

Not a fan of the feel of the P3 mold. Never liked the XD.

I drive with P2s so I am pretty pumped to get a C-line one even at that weight. Need the durability around here. Had an s-line just lost it and didn't want to pay for a new s-line disc again.

Well I threw my MD3s yesterday

Despite looking nearly identical it is definitely more stable than the flat MD2s. It doesn't flip up either like the MD2, just pure stability. Holds a nice long hyzer that you can trust not to push too far forward like the MD2 likes to do. I am not sure if this is just the glow plastic or slightly different nose(its a minimal difference) but something makes it more stable. It also has an amazing grip in the hand - not talking plastic, but more the way the shape fits. Its comfortable, more so than the MD2.

Fits perfectly with my QMS and MD2. Dropping the Glow Roc3 and Q-Sent from the bag for now.

Going to rock a core of
CE QMS - Seasoned
MD2 - flat top
MD3
will add another MD2 or QMS around this

i'm sold, thanks to everybody who braved the tester waters and brought us informative info

Not a fan of the feel of the P3 mold. Never liked the XD.

It really wasn't much different from a P2 for me either, but I don't throw super far. Discmania seems afraid to push the boundaries of over and under stability in mids and putters.

Latest posts