• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] new md3

All the newer S-FDs I've seen have more dome than a circus tent, so I've stopped throwing those.

Not what I needed to hear today! :mad:

The S-FD is my main FWD, now I've got to spend time hunting down good ones like my gummy P-PDs.

i don't get some people with how quickly you'll change a disc because one run came out and it wasn't exactly what you wanted. when you saw that new run did the FD in your bag become instantly worthless? did you not already have a backup from the run you liked? could you not possibly wait a bit until more were made that you did like or spend one second looking for older ones?

i don't get some people with how quickly you'll change a disc because one run came out and it wasn't exactly what you wanted. when you saw that new run did the FD in your bag become instantly worthless? did you not already have a backup from the run you liked? could you not possibly wait a bit until more were made that you did like or spend one second looking for older ones?

I haven't given up on it. Certainly didn't go out and buy a bunch of another mold to replace it. I throw C-FDs and S-FDs a lot, but I just don't have the same control with the domey S runs. I don't even know that they fly different, but they don't feel the same and it only compounds the problems I already have with release angle issues. I know people like the FD, but I didn't see that much discussion about them compared to leopards, teebirds, and rivers, so I didn't expect that they would be this hard to come by. I'm sure there's a few flatter top ones hanging out somewhere, but the two retailers close to me don't have any and my want ad in the marketplace got zero responses. Foolishly I only bought 1 backup from the early flat run, and I lost it in a lake, so there is no S-FD in my bag anymore. I learned my lesson and stocked up on flat C-lines. I am waiting till they make more I like, I'm just frustrated that I haven't been able to find any.

Hey man, i'm with you on the fight against domey discs... i can't stand it, it messes with my grip. i'm very pleased with all of the new MD2's i've seen. hopefully discmania will tell innova to get with the program and stop giving them a bunch of **** nobody wants.

additionally and more to the point of this thread; the MD3 is on inbounds flight guide and has the exact same flight pattern as the Gator, except 2' longer

http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/con...44&id2=0904040&id3=345876O&id4=777921O&n=1139

Last edited:
According to Jussi's Twitter feed on May 15th he commented that "Discmania MD3 feels the best in hand what I have felt. Really good grip and flat dome."

I got my MD3 in today. Didn't get a chance to get out tonight. Hoping to get a few throws in the morning. Anyone else get it in yet? Or get a chance to take it out?

Discmania: fix the MD2. We love it. Make it flat, keep it NON-plus mold, and get them out to retailers.
The MD2 has been slanted ever since the first R-Pro'ish P-MD2s that had a different top and said RM2 on the bottom came out, and every MD2 I've owned (I think I'm up to about 20-30 atm., most likely covering all runs apart from some CFR ones) has been slanted. It's a part of the disc and has been from the start.

And the guys at Discmania have been just as pissed off as you guys (maybe more) by Innova doing +mold versions, they weren't happy at all about the +C-PDs for example...

5/5/0/2? Seems like too much overlap, really wished they had done something like tool and tweek the Cobra so it had less fade and there was something under the Innova umbrella that would be a good competitor to the Discraft Comet for hyzer flips and long turning mid range shots.
Discmania already has something in that vein: A seasoned D-MD2. Brand new it's one of the best neutral mids in the game, and when thrown around a bit it becomes one of the best understable mids in the game.

The MD2 has been slanted ever since the first R-Pro'ish P-MD2s that had a different top and said RM2 on the bottom came out, and every MD2 I've owned (I think I'm up to about 20-30 atm., most likely covering all runs apart from some CFR ones) has been slanted. It's a part of the disc and has been from the start.

True, but it seems even worse on the domey C-lines. The earlier flatter opaque grippy runs are slanted, but it's not crazy. I wish those D-lines were easier to find stateside.

I held one yesterday. It looked like a buzzz with a small bead, but not a wasp if that makes sense. Kind of a flat top.

Yellow is slightly domed CMD2, appears to have a very similar microbead. Feels just as great in the hand but with a slightly deeper profile.

cVdANVi.jpg

KpLt414.jpg

YivzUhR.jpg

Left is the MD3, right is an S MD2. The nose of the MD3 is a little more blunt. But that's about it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 121

Latest posts