• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Member from Ga

diamondsplus

Hello Everyone

I'm diamondsplus, from Macon, Ga.

Been playing disc golf for several months now, been involved in a league here in Macon called the Macon Aces. My best score of the season was a 62. We play at Claystone Park which is not far from my house, (bout 10 min). I 1st played DG when I was 29 in La and just didn't catch on til much later when i stumbled across some guys playing at Claystone and played with them. Then shortly after that got some discs and started playing with the Macon Aces League.

I've enjoyed the season. I've only entered 1 tournament which was up in Blairsville Ga. Plan on doing more tournaments next season. Hopefully my game will be up to par at that point.

Been around the forums a few times and decided today to sign up and join in the conversations.

Glad to be here, getting to meet many new people is what i enjoy about forums. If any of you are in Ga or traveling through PM me and we'll get together for a game or practice.

What's up!

My name's Connor, if that isn't obvious enough.

Haven't gotten either of the Macon courses yet, soon though.

I reside in Columbus, we have an absolutely awesome course here, if you're ever in the area, let me know :).

Welcome to the sport and the forums. Enjoy!

Glad to have you. Maybe I'll see you around a course or these forums someday. If you find yourself in central ok PM me. We can play a round or two.

I hear there are some good courses on the South Side of Atlanta, but for some reason I've never made the trek other than to Flyboy a couple of times. If you make it up to the North side of the ATL, give me a holler and maybe I can show you around a course. :)

Athens here as well. Macon Aces has their zhit together and runs good league/club action from what I hear. Haven't played Bowden or Claystone, but would like to at some point.

If you roll through Macon Heartman and Katana Frenzy, Look me up. Pm me and we'll set something up. yr choice of courses Claystone or Bowden.

and when i come to Athens I'll Pm both of you to see if you want to get a round in or 2.

I travel quite a bit, Trying to Hit all the courses here in Ga.

I've played in Appling at the Steady Ed Course. Monster Course but alot of Fun. will eventually get to the other 2 sometime. Augusta is on my list also. Thanks Katana Frenzy

welcome, good to have you here. you will find alot of useful information on these forums

Another GA boy here, welcome to the site!
I'm in the Athens area as well, but play as many as I can get to.

If you roll through Macon Heartman and Katana Frenzy, Look me up. Pm me and we'll set something up. yr choice of courses Claystone or Bowden.

and when i come to Athens I'll Pm both of you to see if you want to get a round in or 2.

I travel quite a bit, Trying to Hit all the courses here in Ga.

Let me know if you make it to the Roswell Area. I play East Roswell Park most weekends and its a great course if not a little bit short

Welcome to DGCR dude.

Im down around Cordele, and play GA Vets State Park & Chehaw a good bit. Im going to make it up to Macon soon play both of those, I'll hit you up when I do.

Also might be playing in Columbus soon :) *spooge*:clap::D

If your every down around my way, hit me up as well :)

Make sure you hit up Applin and Augusta courses. They are pretty much the best DG in GA now. Flyboy's closed earlier this year. :'(

Flyboy is not closed. I played it about a month ago.

It's just more exclusive than it used to be.

He just doesn't have the time to be out there all the time anymore.

People can still play it when the schedules permit it.

I do consider myself a good friend of Kelly's though considering he let me run a meetup out there for a bunch of us (20+) DGCR's for a weekend of mayhem :).

Welcome to GA.

North Georgia Canopy Tours is also a nice "destination type" par 61 from either set of tees course that also offers ziplining, camping and teepee "glamping" with A/C or heat.

There is 3rd Sunday Random Draw doubles year round starting at 2PM during DST and Noon during winter months - come out and join us and play GA's #2 rated course behind Fly Boy (and the #1 PERM open to the public every day course).

Check out the reviews on this site for more info.

Hope to see you around sometime,

Keith

PDGA State Coordinator for GA