• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Mobile Site

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
There's a new DGCR mobile site which all phones are being redirected to now. You can click the link at the bottom to set it to show the desktop view if you don't like it or choose the "Request Desktop Site" option in your browser. The browser thing will be permanent where as the link will work until you close the browser.

A lot of the conversion and design work was outsourced and I spent a couple of weeks tweaking, adding to, redoing and/or fixing stuff. I'm sure there are some issues I missed so if you notice broken things, please let me know.

Also, not every page made it to the mobile site (or has a mobile version) but 90% of what you can do on the desktop site is available in a pretty nice mobile view now. Geolocation doesn't work in Safari on iPhones because they are pretty strict in terms of allowing that. The only way to make it work would be to move the entire site to https but that has it's own weird challenges to work around.

Anyway, hope you guys like it!

Help please help, I'm on a ledge and think I might jump because I can't find this link you say will save me from the seizures I'm having looking at this new mobile format!

Wow, so hell is real after all. Please make it stop! I'll renew my premium membership if you just let me out of here!

Guess it's a good day to repent of my sins. Thanks for helping me realize I need to get right with our creator.

I suppose I'll like the interface once I get used to it.

Courses near me button though isn't showing courses near me. More like 100 miles from here.

Link for desktop version is at the bottom.

scarpfish, what phone/browser are you using?

New front page is a mess on my Android. Without being able to get into this page by typing / forums I never would have been able to figure out how to get in. Its counter intuitive.
Your link to the old browser is not apparent on the new opening page.
The drop down menu, top left, get blocked by the banner when I click on it, and is unreadable.
Maybe you could provide a better, more obvious way to get to the forums, like at the top of the page.
I never liked the new mobile app, but its even worse now. Tim, why do you keep fixing things that aren't broken ? :doh:

Signed
Sad in Seattle :(

I noticed the home screen is now different. I've also noticed it's nearly impossible to tell which hole of the course is the hole of the day, unless the photo is clear enough to see the tee sign. Also, there's not caption providing information on the hole below the hole of the day photo on the home screen. Once I click on the picture to goes to the course page but the picture is gone. How's a guy supposed to gather information on hole of the day?

I don't know how most people feel but I kind of would like to see the new thread posts up higher and default vs the recent reviews. I use the mobile site to check in on what is buzzing on post vs what people are rating courses. Top courses should be slipped farther down the page. Otherwise keep the good work up tim

I'd also like to add that it would be nice to physically see the rating number on the review page instead of guessing how many fractions of a frisbee I'm supposed to be looking at. Even with 20/20 vision it's hard to see

New front page is a mess on my Android. Without being able to get into this page by typing / forums I never would have been able to figure out how to get in. Its counter intuitive.
Your link to the old browser is not apparent on the new opening page.
The drop down menu, top left, get blocked by the banner when I click on it, and is unreadable.
Maybe you could provide a better, more obvious way to get to the forums, like at the top of the page.
I never liked the new mobile app, but its even worse now. Tim, why do you keep fixing things that aren't broken ? :doh:

Signed
Sad in Seattle :(
Can you attach a screenshot? It sounds like you're having some serious issues. I've tested this on multiple phones and am not seeing what you're talking about. I'm unsure what you mean by old browser and mobile app? Do you mean the android app?

I'd also like to add that it would be nice to physically see the rating number on the review page instead of guessing how many fractions of a frisbee I'm supposed to be looking at. Even with 20/20 vision it's hard to see
Do you mean for reviews themselves or the course overall? I'll add a hole # caption to the mobile site for HOTD.

Works ok.. i'll probably end up liking it better

Everything looks good and is pretty easy to find on my Samsung galaxy s7 edge.

Nice!

scarpfish, what phone/browser are you using?
Android.

It's not off 100 miles anymore, but it's still not matching the location settings I have in the desktop view. I assume it will locate me where the phone says I am? The list seems to suggest it's radiating out from the center of town and not my current location.

Yea, I have some basic location thing going on there. It's not based on your profile. The "Courses Near Me" in the menu still operates based on your zip code, etc.

I am browsing on my desktop with google chrome. When I do a course search and click on the course, the course page defaults to the mobile site instead of desktop.

Edit... the search results default to the mobile site prior to clicking on the course.

Fixed... that was upload fail on my part. Thanks for catching that.

No issues on IOS. I like the new tab and the inclusion of the course wall. Not sure if that is new in general or just to me. :eek: I like the new look either way.

It's just an alternate look, makes it easier to use on small phone screens. Glad you like it!

I noticed it during a meeting today... kinda freaked me out 'cause it wasn't what I was expecting.
Gotta get used to it.. see how it works. What do I like/not like... should I switch to desktop?

:popcorn:

Last edited:

Latest posts