• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Ohio Courses

yeah I passed out on the couch Saturday night and forgot to set my alarm. I woke up at 8:30, and just didn't have time to get there. Pretty bummed that I missed it, I was really looking forward to it. Instead spent the day doing yard work instead of discing, not a good trade imo.

i was the only dgcr member there :( i guess there were about 5 people that didn't show up

the new permanent baskets at tri c was lots of fun.

and the 11 temp baskets were insane, weaving around nike park. can't wait for nike to get permanent ones. the pdgc are kicking butt getting all these courses in and updated!

special thanks to the recreational division dgcr people in the area that did Not show up and kick my butt because i was able to squeeze in a tie for first because you weren't there ;)

Read in today's paper (Canton Repository) that a new 9-hole course is installed at the new Schneider Community Park which is located across from Glen Oak High School in Plain Township.
The park is having a grand opening this Saturday, so I plan to head out soon to check out the course.

PLAIN TWP. —
Grand opening and ribbon cutting ceremonies for Schneider Community Park are set for Saturday morning.

The opening caps about five years of work developing the park, which is in the 1800 block of Schneider Street NE across from GlenOak High School. The township bought the park property in 2006 for $1.27 million. Developing the first phase has cost about $537,000.

Events will take place at the 110-seat pavilion — donated by the Junior Order of United American Mechanics — that sits on the side of a hill. A playground and dog park, which is divided with sections of small and large dogs, are part of the first phase.

A nine-hole disc golf course, donated by The Quonset Hut, also will open.

Todd Alexander, parks, grounds and facilities director, said there has been a lot of early interest in the dog park. Plans are for the annual "Mutt Strut" to be held at Schneider in September.

Township officials still are reviewing proposals for additional development at the park.

Schneider will link into the Stark Parks trail system, with part of a five-mile trail passing through the park between the GlenOak campus and the Gervasi Winery on 55th Street NE. Alexander said work on the trail could begin later this year.

special thanks to the recreational division dgcr people in the area that did Not show up and kick my butt because i was able to squeeze in a tie for first because you weren't there ;)

good work. i think its time to move up bagger. +3 at parma is a good ****ing score.

Drove by the Schneider park today. Baskets are in . Just waiting on the park to open.

good work. i think its time to move up bagger. +3 at parma is a good ****ing score.

lol, thx man

it was my 41st time playing that course and i blew my old personal best of 61 out of the water. i've never thrown that good before. i think i play better under pressure.

but i've only got an 848 ranking, i'm just a noob rec player that got really lucky. my average score at parma is 66ish, i shoot in the 70's still too now and then

Last edited:
cheers to you. i wish i could shoot that good. i got a plus two on the back nine this year and i was pumped. we gotta get together soon and trade tags.

e

lol, thx man

it was my 41st time playing that course and i blew my old personal best of 61 out of the water. i've never thrown that good before. i think i play better under pressure.

but i've only got an 848 ranking, i'm just a noob rec player that got really lucky. my average score at parma is 66ish, i shoot in the 70's still too now and then

It isn't real new, I think it went in last year, but I just played Hocking Peaks yesterday and put up course pics. It's a nice course, the hiking will wear you out, but it has some interesting holes for sure. I think $5 per round is a little steep for a course that has dirt tee pads, but they are all really level, some of the better dirt ones I have seen. Still though you couldn't play it if it had rained much in the last day or two. If any of you are down that way stop and check it out, but I wouldn't recommend it on extremely hot days and make sure you bring lots of water no matter when you play.

I added the Schneider park to the course map. Added Info the best i could. I also made a little course map. Hope it helps.
I'm going to try and get over there this weekend.Any word on who designed it?

I know its gonna be like 90, but where PANTS....the course still needs trimmed yet. #5 is damn near unplayble, the weeds come up over the basket. Tees are marked by little orange lawn flags.

I actually got to play with the 1st game with the guy who designed it, name is Bill.

Nice. I was curious about that to know if this new course was going to be another Boettler Park type situation.

I was able to play Boettler earlier this Spring before any of the brush had grown back and it was actually an enjoyable experience........of course you won't see me anywhere near that place now. Oh the possibilities with that land.

Nice. I was curious about that to know if this new course was going to be another Boettler Park type situation.

As of right now, It looks like a Boettler situtation. And i mean no disrespect to the designer, but the grass and weeds are horrendous right now. It will be a fun course when trimmed up, but don't go up there with shorts on right now. I don't care if its 90...don't do it. I'm still scratching my legs from it.

I'll get some pictures up soon, but i would rather wait till they trim the grass before i shoot.

Ugh, that's rather disappointing. Hopefully it will shape up though!

My first round ever was at Boettler...and despite that I still play today!

I agree that land has serious potential. I spent more time there looking for discs than throwing them and here's what happened just after my tee shot on #9 there:

picture.php

Let's hope if they install tee pads and signage at Schneider, they don't put the signs right at the front right corner of the teepad! :doh:

Latest posts