• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Player looking for a course in the Appalachians

KJHillis

Hey guys,

Love the site and very thankful it was created. Anyways, I created this thread because I was wondering what a great course would be in the Appalachians, particularly in the fall. My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to NC or even TN in the fall and would love to continue our newfound hobby while we are there. What are your suggestions? We would actually like to plan the trip around disc golf.

Thanks a lot for your help! Keep in mind that we are somewhat beginners and would love a course with good scenery.

Ashe County in NC is an amazing course and should provide great views during Fall.
Richmond Hill in Asheville is good... plus it's in Asheville.
Fontana Village near Great Smoky Mountains National Park (in NC) is in a resort type environment.

Lots more to chose from.
DSCJNKY

I just played Ashe County---it's my favorite among 110 or so I've played. Amazing.

Fontana is wonderful. It's a long way from anything else (don't know if that's a pro or a con). It's a resort but not a fancy one; if it's in your budget, consider staying there and playing several rounds.

Also look at Sugaree. It's a private course and you have to schedule a time.

Latest posts