• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New Pro Rhyno?

In my experience throwing the FS Rhynos (haven't thrown anything but max weight first releases) and Scales, they aren't even remotely similar. The Rhyno is not nearly as overstable as any other Rhyno I've thrown. They have all the HSS but not as much fade as some of the older DX and premium blends of Rhynos I've thrown. With the HSS, I never felt like I'd have to worry about winds or anything. I just was really surprised at how little fade they were packing.

Every Scale I've thrown has slowed down and faded in a hurry. Definitely more Champ Rhyno than the baseline type blends.

In my experience throwing the FS Rhynos (haven't thrown anything but max weight first releases) and Scales, they aren't even remotely similar. The Rhyno is not nearly as overstable as any other Rhyno I've thrown. They have all the HSS but not as much fade as some of the older DX and premium blends of Rhynos I've thrown. With the HSS, I never felt like I'd have to worry about winds or anything. I just was really surprised at how little fade they were packing.

All of the ones I've owned had a nice beefy fade when new but broke in fairly fast. They did keep their HSS but the end fade disappeared rather quickly. I'll agree they are definitely not the most stable Rhynos.

All of the ones I've owned had a nice beefy fade when new but broke in fairly fast. They did keep their HSS but the end fade disappeared rather quickly. I'll agree they are definitely not the most stable Rhynos.

Wow.
Sounds like a mix of DX and premium is the way to go for me.
I need to check out the RDG Scale to see how it compares. I have always liked Gateway's plastics.
Thanks!

Another good option is a Gateway Warspear, has the nice Ontario Rhyno style top, and uses the Magic wing if you like beadless but no glide and stable to overstable.

Oh well... still a nice mold.

Is there any way i can tell if maybe i picked up an old run disc?

Attachments

• 20161114_201322.jpg
    20161114_201322.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Dx Rhynos are awesome IMO. Give it a chance and if you like it and want more stability, get a champ.

I picked it up for OS approach shots not even realizing it was DX. (I couldnt tell by the giant picture on the top) :doh: I was really looking for something comparable to a Zone. Champ might be the way to go anyway, since i want to use it for upshots. Thanks! :)

I picked it up for OS approach shots not even realizing it was DX. (I couldnt tell by the giant picture on the top) :doh: I was really looking for something comparable to a Zone. Champ might be the way to go anyway, since i want to use it for upshots. Thanks! :)

Even in champ, Rhynos don't get in Zone stability territory in my experience. Hate to lead people away from Rhynos, but everyone should own a Zone.

Even in champ, Rhynos don't get in Zone stability territory in my experience. Hate to lead people away from Rhynos, but everyone should own a Zone.

There is definitely a place in the bag for both molds. I love throwing Rhynos backhand, but for anything outside of 100 forehand, I just can't throw it well at all. That is where I turn to the Zone.

There is definitely a place in the bag for both molds. I love throwing Rhynos backhand, but for anything outside of 100 forehand, I just can't throw it well at all. That is where I turn to the Zone.

I agree, you can carry both. But, Rom was looking for something Zone like and Rhynos aren't in that category.

I brought the dx rhino to putt practice today. It wasnt nearly as OS as i thought it would be. Nice smooth line but not what i imagined.

If you want something like the Zone from Innova, try the Pig.

You know what, I did actually stand there with an R-Pro Pig in my other hand for a minute before i went with the Rhyno. Grrr.

Sorry to de-rail the thread btw. :)

Latest posts