• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Releases / Disc Nation

FORE!
It's Thursday -- that means 4 sweet deals are LIVE on DiscNation.com and in or our Austin TX store.
Limited to stock on hand for each venue.

The deals below will be active from today, 8/29/13, thru Sunday, 9/1/13.

Every Thursday thru Sunday, check out DiscNation.com or our Austin TX store for 4 special FORE!day items

I was shopping at the site and had 2 patriots & a couple other items and went to the cart @ 12:08 and the discs had gone up!

I gave up and left. I did not realize the time while I was looking at other things.

Disc Nation 3.0 kicks butt. Awesome work Zam! :clap:
Thanks! Long way to go with it... we've got big plans. But the first step was getting this new version up and running at its most basic. Then we'll start adding in all the features (and updated versions of them) that we loved about the old site.

The first few days of any site like this are gonna be rocky too, so if anyone gets a buggy session, feel free to email me about it (zach at discnation blot com) or use the Contact form. I and the Tech team are round-the-clock fixing and tweaking as users run into problems.

Hey Zam. Did they get rid of the fore deals? Those were my favorite!

Also, from someone who does software development. Your site is wonderful.

Hey Zam. Did they get rid of the fore deals? Those were my favorite!

Also, from someone who does software development. Your site is wonderful.
We had to hold back FORE!day for a day, to get the warm-fuzzy that everything was running smoothly before inviting the big rush. The prices are live, and the Newsletter just went out. I'm finalizing its promo block, like you used to see on every page.

Thanks for the kind words! You probably understand how all the features and gizmos that really get us excited are stashed away in the lab at this first launch phase. The big, big feature involves hooking into the Filter module... I'll take flight ratings, do math, and offer quick-links to similar flyers, etc. I built a lot of Filter presets too -- for instance "Easy Straight" using Speed/Turn/Fade ranges can yield spectacular disc suggestions.

Same platform, same tech team, just a new version with some architecture changes. We are super pumped about what we can do now :)

the page does look very nice. i have to throw this out there though, maybe instead of so much flair, you guys can add things like pictures of tie-dye and unique discs? maybe even weigh the discs or something. also, i personally preferred the grid style weight/color selection over the drop down with separate quantities, the new layout just doesn't seem as user friendly. this is just friendly consumer criticism, i like you guys, but i could like you more.

the page does look very nice. i have to throw this out there though, maybe instead of so much flair, you guys can add things like pictures of tie-dye and unique discs? maybe even weigh the discs or something. also, i personally preferred the grid style weight/color selection over the drop down with separate quantities, the new layout just doesn't seem as user friendly. this is just friendly consumer criticism, i like you guys, but i could like you more.
ZAM here, in official capacity as Website Guy :)
Background, for the new site I did all front-facing stuff and our Tech VP did all the background support, and tie-ins with his custom software.

I really do appreciate this feedback. It tells me a few important features people would like from DN, and a few things maybe we should crow about more in the marketing.

- 1:1 disc photos (tie-dyes and uniques) are on the radar, but the scale of our operation requires a bigger solution. We can't limit the feature to "what can one of our guys accomplish with a scanner"... it's gotta be technology. Personally it's one of the features I'm most looking forward to, and a really fun one to have worked on so far. It's huge though. It's more Science Channel than ESPN.

- Most discs are re-weighed here already -- we started with Discraft and other brands that don't mark exact weight. The scale feeds directly into our software, and exact-weighed discs are marked as such on the barcode. When we get to the point that everything here is weighed, we'll make a big deal about it.

- The "purchase grid" of weights/colors was awesome. Our plan is to bring it back as a display of in-stock options, but not as a purchase module. The thing is, it worked great for 2 axes of data. But it was huge and limited. We love its stock-at-a-glance capability, so we'll bring it back as an info display.

- Overall, the new site is our version of bare-bones. We've got new features in the works, and we'll continue to add to it. Some things translate directly from the old site, some dont. But the same two guys designed and built the last one, so all the same sensibility is there and honestly this new site allows us to do more things we wanted to do in 2009. It'll be a far better site eventually, and we're working on that.

Thanks for the feedback and support!

Care to talk about the other axes you're planning to eventually phase into production since the grid setup was too limited? Are we talking something as simple as dome, or will it be something more complex like PLH? Knowing the disc geek that you are (and the fact that DN and its affiliates has become my first stop when I'm looking to spend some coin), this has me really curious about what's to come.

@Zam, I am having trouble with the "Collectibles" banner. After clicking on Golf Discs, I get the 4 banners for Drivers, Mids, Putters and Collectibles. Three of them work perfectly fine, but the Collectibles one hasn't worked for me in like a week or so. Checked last week and then again just now, still same 404 error.

Hmmmm, cant add attachments in here? Got a screen grab. :doh:

@Zam, I am having trouble with the "Collectibles" banner. After clicking on Golf Discs, I get the 4 banners for Drivers, Mids, Putters and Collectibles. Three of them work perfectly fine, but the Collectibles one hasn't worked for me in like a week or so. Checked last week and then again just now, still same 404 error.

Hmmmm, cant add attachments in here? Got a screen grab. :doh:
Hey thanks!! There was definitely a problem with those, and I just fixed and tested it. Much appreciated :)

Care to talk about the other axes you're planning to eventually phase into production since the grid setup was too limited?
Things ranging from mundane to super geeky. Robotics projects (dome/flex) are the farthest away. Something like secondary colors, foils, features, etc would be closer to the short-term.

Last edited:
FORE!
It's Thursday -- that means 4 sweet deals are LIVE on DiscNation.com and in or our Austin TX store.

The deals below will be active from today, 10/3/13, thru Sunday, 10/6/13.

Every Thursday thru Sunday, check out DiscNation.com or our Austin TX store for 4 special FORE!day items

FORE!

The deals below will be active from today, 10/10/13, thru Sunday, 10/13/13.

Every Thursday thru Sunday, check out DiscNation.com or our Austin TX store for 4 special FORE!day items[/QUOTE]

I liked disc nation on FB, I thought there was a coupon code?
Hey, sorry I missed this yesterday. We actually cut off the FB coupon once we had some other things going. Free Shipping and FORE!day sorta tie our hands on just how far-reaching we can use % coupons.

But hey... how 'bout this.
s-AARON-PAUL-JESSE-PINKMAN-large.jpg

code: heisenberg
10% OFF cart total
expires next Weds

Been checking the site daily since July :eek:. Get these in so i can buy a stack already.
For real... ZJ aka Secretary of Buying Plastic is aware of this and knows good and well what a good disc that is. I'll remind him and see what we can do.

Thanks y'all!

Two more Halloween resisters headed my way! These 4ore day specials are great... (at emptying my pockets) and loading my bag with sweet plastic! Thanks DN

Latest posts