• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Rit Formula = No Dying Discs

Just spoke with the folks at RIT. The old formula black is available in 1lb. tubs. Anyone interested in splitting some? I would be willing to order and send out. May also order some of the neon while I am at it. Pearl Grey, Royal Blue, and Fuschia are no longer available in the old formula in those quantities.

Rit Dye said:
Plastics Dyers Update: Just got word that there is a few cases of Petal Pink, Fuchsia and Royal Blue powder dye from the old formula in the Rit warehouse. It is being set aside for those that need it for dyeing plastics like golf discs. Just request the old formula when placing your orders.

Royal Blue!

Royal Blue!

I got this from on their FB page.
Rit Dye said:
Insanely cool work! We still have some old formula dye in the warehouse. We're setting it aside just for the disc dying community. Just request it when ordering.

In this wording it was set aside just for disc dyers, but I highly doubt that is what he actually meant.

I posted a link to my album mainly to show them more of what we (the dyer of discs) can do. I suggest everyone post to their page a link to some of your artwork that we just so happen to throw around also.

In this wording it was set aside just for disc dyers, but I highly doubt that is what he actually meant.

They have mentioned polycarbonate dyers in general before. RC car/plane body parts are made from polycarbs too.

I posted a link to my album mainly to show them more of what we (the dyer of discs) can do. I suggest everyone post to their page a link to some of your artwork that we just so happen to throw around also.

I agree!

Do you have a google doc for that spreadsheet. I am going to consider other alternatives to rit for dye projects if they changed formulation.

Just spoke with the folks at RIT. The old formula black is available in 1lb. tubs. Anyone interested in splitting some? I would be willing to order and send out. May also order some of the neon while I am at it. Pearl Grey, Royal Blue, and Fuschia are no longer available in the old formula in those quantities.

Im In. let me know how much for how much.

Im In. let me know how much for how much.

1 lb of dye shipped is 21.75 plus taxes if applicable. I am not sure how much it would cost for me to mail out to interested parties. What quantity did you want? Want neon colors too?

IF YOU CHARGE 8 PEOPLE $5 EACH AND SEND THEM 2.OZ OF BLACK YOU SHOULD COVER YOUR CHARGE PLUS SHIPPING. IF SO I'LL TAKE 4.OZ THIS SOULD GIVE ME ANOUGH FOR 3 SMALL BACHES.

What Moon said. IF YOU CHARGE 8 PEOPLE $5 EACH AND SEND THEM 2.OZ OF BLACK YOU SHOULD COVER YOUR CHARGE PLUS SHIPPING. IF SO I'LL TAKE 4.OZ THIS SOULD GIVE ME ANOUGH FOR 3 SMALL BACHES.

I'll take 4 oz of each, the black and neon pink and neon yellow if you get them.

(all liquids)
black 32310 - good
purple 25910 - good
fuchsia 28410 - good

bought today at a Jo-Ann Fabric. was the last of the '10s and did not see a single "nd" on the '11s

Latest posts