• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New search result view (Premium)

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
If you're a premium member, you now have access to a new "detailed" view when doing a course search. In addition the the new fields that are visible, there is a shortcut bar attached to each result that allows you to skip to that area of the course page in one click. You'll see the option to choose your view at the bottom of the main browse form and under the filter box on the search results page. You can switch between the two by clicking the radio button.

Another thing I added not too long ago was a hotel search. Each course page has a link in the location area that will show you hotels that are close to that course's location. Hopefully that will make finding a place to stay a little bit easier.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled-4.gif
    Untitled-4.gif
    52.1 KB · Views: 282
I just noticed the hotel search yesterday, excellent feature! The new search layout looks cool, I'll have to check it out. :thmbup:

Thanks Tim! Very cool little feature. have you thought about changing the hole # parameters along with this?

Wow, a hotel search. What ever gave you that idea... :D
As always, very nice job Tim.

I certainly don't mean this to be a slight but I never would have found that radio button if I wasn't searching for it. Maybe that should be the default view for premium members. It would be easy to never realize that is available.

Thanks Tim! Very cool little feature. have you thought about changing the hole # parameters along with this?

I think I saw that thread. I can add a 9 or less option, I don't know if I want to make it a range.

Very cool. What about it also showing weather you have played or wish listed the course?

Looking up live weather for each course in a search would slow things down a lot. You'll just have to click the button off the course info page for now.

I certainly don't mean this to be a slight but I never would have found that radio button if I wasn't searching for it. Maybe that should be the default view for premium members. It would be easy to never realize that is available.

It was meant to be kind of unobtrusive. I could make it the default view but I thought that might be a bit presumptuous since I wasn't sure if people would like it or prefer one over the other. Maybe it would be a little more obvious if I put it into a little tab style thing like you see in the detailed results?

Added a "9 or less" option to the course search and maps.

Latest posts