• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New shoes

I have Salewa Alpine Trainers and Vasque Juxt's. 2yrs wearing the vasques and no signs of wear and the Salewa's are indestructible. My 2 pairs of Merrell's (chameleon's, ctr cruise) didn't even last a year.
198295_10151431065888494_666216547_n.jpg

$T2eC16JHJHcFFkGC(N+,BRn4VQJq(g~~60_3.JPG

These seem like they could be a pretty solid shoe, might have to look into getting a pair

I sound like a broken record, but you're asking for the best shoe for disc golf. Sooooo without a doubt It's the 5-10 AKA: Five Ten brand. I have had a pair of 5-10 Impact high tops going on three years now and have two more as backups. The toe area is starting to wear, but not wear through yet. They make several styles. The Impacts are made for downhill mountain biking. So they are very thick and rigid at 1st. Don't let the looks fool you (Vans on roids) They are far from that! The Stealth rubber is nice and tacky, but for some reason they don't wear out that fast. I took these up to WA and OR for a junket. It was like I was throwing from dry teepads. No slipping at all!!They are also great for rocky surfaces do to the thick padding on the high top portion.
They also have some trail/hiking looking shoes. I say "looking", because the are for approach or base climbing. All their shoes are very stiff at first, but that changes after a bit. Heck, going on three years and they fit and feel very comfy.
FOR ME! They are without a doubt the BEST shoes I've tried for disc golf and that is a long list : Merrill, Montrail, Vasque, Oboz, Ahuna, Keen (Should stick to clogs!), NB, Asics, Nike etc..... Man, people have to try these shoes. Chances are that you'de buy no other brand after you give them a try.
Now after ranting about them. 1: I don't work for them :) and 2: These are the BEST shoe's that ME, MYSELF, and I have owned for playing.

Good luck shoe shopping!

The Impacts are made for downhill mountain biking. So they are very thick and rigid at 1st. Don't let the looks fool you (Vans on roids) They are far from that! The Stealth rubber is nice and tacky, but for some reason they don't wear out that fast.
I can second this recommendation for Five Ten Impact (high) or Sam Hill (low) shoes. Thick and rigid is essential when Mountain Biking (or in my case, Mountain Unicycling) otherwise your feet get fatigued quick. Once they use their rigidity, I strap on a new pair (I'm on my 3rd pair) for riding and retire the broken-in pair for disc golf. The Stealth 1 rubber is extremely tacky and it sticks to pinned pedals (SpeedPlay Drillium) like nothing else on the market. When I switched from my Shimano AM41's (Vibram soles) it was kind of scary. Like "clipped-in" scary. Don't even think of readjusting your foot on the pedal without dismounting. Anyway, this is a Disc Golf forum (not Unicyclist.com) so I digress. I just wanted to say I love my 5.10's when everyone else is slipping and sliding on greasy concrete tee pads.

On a final note, it's all about the socks. Get yourself a couple pair of SmartWool PhD Crew socks. Merino wool keeps your feet a constant temperature (even when wet) and they dry out almost immediately. If you are on an epic 72 hole day, you might want a pair of injinji liners. That way, the friction (the main cause of blisters) is between your socks, not your feet.

If you are on an epic 72 hole day, you might want a pair of injinji liners. That way, the friction (the main cause of blisters) is between your socks, not your feet.

Hey cool, someone else from Louisville :) I wear the Injini Lightweights w/my Vibram Bikilas and those socks are great. My big toe is really a BIG toe tho, so I think they are stretching the fibers a bit much and I'm gonna wear thru these socks more quickly than I would hope for $8 or so a pair. For comfort tho, it's really quite nice. It is odd feeling my toes rub together when I wear them in my Chucks tho. I never feel the socks rub together in my VFFs since they have toe pockets. When my VFFs get soaked thru those socks don't hold much moisture behind and they always help wick away. The VFFs dread funk has yet to develop in 3 months of being worn pretty darn often, but I wear socks w/them almost every time too.

Latest posts