• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] New Stamp for Discraft

Like someone mentioned above, I like the look, but I was not flabberghasted. Then again, if you are a business, the best way to sell product that is not moving that well is to repackage it.

I personally like stamps that are easily identifiable from a distance but does not overwhelm the disc (too many lines or covers too much of the flight plate). I always thought Discmania's Shield would look really nice if it covered more of the disc. If Westside could clean up their graphics, making it look less the cartoon characters were designed by high school graphic art students, they would be awesome. Even Vibram's small yellow logo looks great because of how it contrasts the swirling and mixed colors you see in many of their discs.

As for Discraft, I already like how they stamp the Z plastic, just the name big and in an easy font. I can handle the animal stamps in the low grade plastic like DX and Pro D, but slicker, sheener, higher quality plastic like Z and Champ should look classier. And for those who do not like it, it is not like it is difficult to acetone the stamp right off and dye it any way you like.

given the background and history of the conceptual basis for the stamps on the Westside discs there is nothing wrong with that art work

and in any event if they keep making those solid molds I could really care less what they put on it

eh...I'm not going to be whelmed in either direction from stamp design, but I do like the new look more than the old/current one. Truthfully, I don't even notice or pay attention to stock stamps except for when I first buy them, and I end up wiping a lot of them for dyes.

given the background and history of the conceptual basis for the stamps on the Westside discs there is nothing wrong with that art work

and in any event if they keep making those solid molds I could really care less what they put on it

Half my bag is Westside, so in reality I have no real issue with them. The Sword is a classy design, but the Giant reminds me of the Jolly Green Giant with a Tie Fighter belt. The King is decent. However, the Boatman reminds me of a graphic you would see on a 80s Hair / Death Metal band album cover. The Northman looks like a first attempt of a graphic design on a first run disc.

I understand the lore behind the stamps, and that it tremendously cool. I am a quarter Swedish, not Finnish, but the mythology is within my ancestrial part of the world. Of all the stamps that include pictures of animals, symbols, creatures, and or people, the Westside are amongst the best. I am not big into the whole zombie / freak look (and no knock on those who are) so in my opinion I put Discmania picture art along with most of Innova's DX stamps amongst the worst or most cluttered looking discs.

As for Discraft, I already like how they stamp the Z plastic, just the name big and in an easy font. I can handle the animal stamps in the low grade plastic like DX and Pro D, but slicker, sheener, higher quality plastic like Z and Champ should look classier. And for those who do not like it, it is not like it is difficult to acetone the stamp right off and dye it any way you like.

This is all i could think about after reading the first page of the thread.

Personally i like it, clean and simple, but i dont have a problem with graphic heavy stamps either as long as there is not unicorns and daisies on the stamp im good.

Yeah I for one like the Z stamps. Simple circle with the name in a distinct font. My personal favorites are the ESPs tho. Big discraft logo thru the middle and then a small stamp of what the disc is. I dig it. But these new x's are legit. My only request.... Keep the old school comet stamp on the X's!

What discs are they releasing with this stamp.. All of them? I might end up picking up A buzzz.

I'm a fan. I agree with the comment about Innova following suit... I really don't think cartoonish pictures are going to attract a whole of players above the age of 12....

massively underwhelmed.
Id rather they spent their time releasing their discs in more plastic varieties...

I like the simple new look. It reminds me of the old Challenger stamps.

Tim, I really doubt changing a stamp takes much at all away from them working on more important stuff. AND, they just released a new plastic variety. :rolleyes:

I'm a fan. I agree with the comment about Innova following suit... I really don't think cartoonish pictures are going to attract a whole of players above the age of 12....

Like on DX discs? See I always thought that they were childish.. Now I actually kinda like them. They just need to change the feel. You got to love the Beast, Orc, & Banshee pictures!!

4 ESP bangers have been sitting in my local shop for a long time.. $15 a pop. Maybe I should invest!

/threadjacking

Latest posts