• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New to Chattanooga,TN area

ahanley89

Hi all, just joined the site after using it numerous times to find courses near the Chattanooga, TN area(just moved here from Texas.)

Im 24 years old, just got my fiancee interested in playing(YAYYY), and am looking for a more experienced player to help myself and her out, or some people just to play some courses with

Ive been playing off and on about 2 years now, My approach and putting is phenomenal but my driving is just poor.

My main driving throws is Right Handed ForeHand(sidearm) and Tomahawk.
Thats where I run into the problem, my forehand gets better and better, but I need to learn the backhand efficiently.. I just can't seem to throw it worth a crap, and just as much as I know, you all know, theres just some holes to where you cant forehand or tomahawk, with trees being present at the tee..

I will eventually get a video uploaded of myself throwing the backhand to get some critiquing, but first I thought I'd try to reach out and see if anyone in the area would like to meet up and play and could hopefully get me on the right track.

I'm in Knoxville not Chat-town but you can try here-
http://thesinksdiscgolf.com/

http://playultimate.net/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=10

The 2 main courses are the Sinks & Camp Jordan & there are a few 1000+ rated guys in the area. Welcome to TN!

awesome man thanks! I've played at Jack Mattox, Cloudland Canyon and Southern Adventist but I think i'll be playing at Camp Jordan this weekend, its really close to my house and I've been reading about it. Seems like the course i'm looking for..

Fun course. A few open bomber holes & a few you have to hit your lines. The Sinks is also a great course but if your accuracy is off it can beat you down!

Hi all, just joined the site after using it numerous times to find courses near the Chattanooga, TN area(just moved here from Texas.)

Im 24 years old, just got my fiancee interested in playing(YAYYY), and am looking for a more experienced player to help myself and her out, or some people just to play some courses with

Ive been playing off and on about 2 years now, My approach and putting is phenomenal but my driving is just poor.

My main driving throws is Right Handed ForeHand(sidearm) and Tomahawk.
Thats where I run into the problem, my forehand gets better and better, but I need to learn the backhand efficiently.. I just can't seem to throw it worth a crap, and just as much as I know, you all know, theres just some holes to where you cant forehand or tomahawk, with trees being present at the tee..

I will eventually get a video uploaded of myself throwing the backhand to get some critiquing, but first I thought I'd try to reach out and see if anyone in the area would like to meet up and play and could hopefully get me on the right track.

I just moved to Chattanooga recently as well, so I am not exactly brimming with local knowledge, but I would be glad to play and help you with your backhand form.

The Chain Kings facebook page seems to be the most active source of info on the happenings in Chattanooga. The sinks forum and the CFDC forum don't have much activity. There is weekly doubles at the sinks at 10am and 2pm on sundays and at portland at 6pm on mondays. That is all I have found so far...

Cloudland Canyon

Just outside of Chattanooga (South West) down I-59 (Trenton, GA exit) is Cloudland Canyon State Park. There is a fun 18 hole course in the park on top of the mountain. 1st hole starts near the old pool and restrooms. Sorry- just saw where you have already played this course. But here is a link if anyone else is interested:
http://gastateparks.org/disc-golf

One of the best things that helped me with my backhand RH throw was learning the basic X step or walk up. It forces me to turn my hips to get more speed on the throw. Also working on my grip - 4 fingers on the lip with slight thumb pressure on the top of the disc at my bird finger knuckle - so that it almost snaps out of my hand. Over time I have been able to get a feel for a routine to be able to keep the disc level, or put the correct hyser/anhyser on the disc at release to shape the drive.

Check out these clips, maybe they will help:
http://www.discgolf.com/disc-golf-instructional-videos/

Last edited:
Welcome from GA!
And I gotta get up to Cloudland Canyon, looks like a fun course!

Just seen all these post's, thanks guys!!

I played at jack mattox and SHepherd once again this weekend..

Shepherd is a amazing technical 9 hole course, wish it was 18 though, and the signs suck.. but still a great course, almost forehand ace'd hole 8 and tomahawk'd hole 9.

cloudland

Welcome from GA!
And I gotta get up to Cloudland Canyon, looks like a fun course!

cloudland is a great course,located ontop of the mountain... good technical/distance holes, averages from 280ft-380ft. Mainly par 3's, a par 4 or 2.

Only kicker is when I went, the grass was unkept... if they mowed it weekly it would be alot better..

and 3$ per person to play it.... for me to drive an hour to get there and pay for the Car Fee and then the Disc Golf fee.... is too much, id rather just play at the local one's in chattanooga, that are free all the way around!!

Latest posts