• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

new to disc golf

Bamus

Hi im new to the boards and new to disc golf and was hoping to meet people to play some disc golf with in the Nashville area.

Welcome to the site, and more importantly, the sport! I'm not in the Nashville area, but I'll give a couple quick tips. This site and www.discgolfreview.com both have a ton of information on equipment, technique, courses, and general disc golf chat. Definitely use them. And have fun!

If you have twitter or Facebook, try sending a message to Will Schusterick or Kevin Rarick. Both pros and I believe they're from Nashville. I live in Cali, or else I'd get a round in with you. Good luck and welcome!

Go to Cloud9 over near Cedar Hill and talk to Tommy. He can fill you in on all the local leagues and happenings. And sell you many discs.

Just go to a course and meet some other players. Everyone is usually really cool about letting beginners jump in. Good luck!

play seven oaks every day. thats what i did and i ended up meeting a lot of great golfers whom I now play tournaments with and see pretty regular.

Hi im new to the boards and new to disc golf and was hoping to meet people to play some disc golf with in the Nashville area.

First and foremost, welcome to this great sport! Secondly, if you are a Nashville Predators fan, may all of your discs end up in the dirtiest of ponds, and may you forever be plagued with a life of bogies and 40 mph windy fairways. :D

First and foremost, welcome to this great sport! Secondly, if you are a Nashville Predators fan, may all of your discs end up in the dirtiest of ponds, and may you forever be plagued with a life of bogies and 40 mph windy fairways. :D

I would think being a Predatirs fan would be punishment enough!

Welcome to the board Bamus...

I'm a Carolina hurricanes fan.

Much better there. I'm a Blue Jackets die hard (don't laugh) so we'll be seeing a lot more of each other's team since we'll be in the same division next year.

Lol. Can't really argue, but we're riding an 11 game point streak, 2-0 against the Preds, and picked up 9 out if a possible 10 points against the Wings this year, all franchise firsts. Couple that with the fact that our winning percentage against the East is downright phenomenal compared to the West, and I like our odds next season!