• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New to forums

UncleBrother2001

aka Starfirebird/Uncle Matt
I just wanted to say hello and that I'm new to this place.

I just figured out the Signature and Avatar part.the rest I probably won't worry with.

I've been playing since about 2005,at one time I owned way too many discs,I try to play at least 4 times a month,I'm a pretty decent player but I'm more of just the casual type.I've been told I should get more serious because I get told that I'm good enough to get somewhere,but I'd rather just have fun,not be serious.

I like long walks on the beach and...wait a minute. Didn't mean to post that. :D

Seriously though the only reason I joined was to post my bag.Found out about the place a few months back and I like the bag section as you get to see many variations of different discs. Kinda cool.

I'm more of a browser than a poster. So if I post it will be few and far between.But yeah this is my introduction and thanks for having me.

Welcome. NC, you live in what some people call the mecca of disc golf.....lucky.

If you still have those discs from 2005, I suggest you put them on the marketplace, then use the profit to buy a quality backpack and several sets of new discs (that is, after you pay off your mortgage).

If you still have those discs from 2005, I suggest you put them on the marketplace, then use the profit to buy a quality backpack and several sets of new discs (that is, after you pay off your mortgage).

I still have a lot of those discs around that timeframe. Mainly a lot of Innova stuff. I've met a lot of people who gave me some of those discs when I first started so those will stay with me,too many memories on those discs to just give them up.

Mortgage may take a bit. I still have double digit years in that department.I don't know whether to do a smiley or sad face on that one. ha

even a extra $25 a month will save you $1000's in the long run at this point. If you have a FHA get to the point where you are not paying the extra PMI. Welcome to the forums!

If you take out a 30 year loan for $200,000.00 with a 5.000% interest rate, for example, your monthly payment (interest and principal only) will be $1,073.64. By the time the 30 year time period is complete, you will have paid $386,507.11 for your home.

If you pay just $50.00 more each month, you will pay only $365,730.74 toward your home. This is a savings of $20,776.37. In addition, you will get the loan paid off 2 Years 10 Months sooner than if you paid only your regular monthly payment.

Last edited:
even a extra $25 a month will save you $1000's in the long run at this point. If you have a FHA get to the point where you are not paying the extra PMI. Welcome to the forums!

If you take out a 30 year loan for $200,000.00 with a 5.000% interest rate, for example, your monthly payment (interest and principal only) will be $1,073.64. By the time the 30 year time period is complete, you will have paid $386,507.11 for your home.

If you pay just $50.00 more each month, you will pay only $365,730.74 toward your home. This is a savings of $20,776.37. In addition, you will get the loan paid off 2 Years 10 Months sooner than if you paid only your regular monthly payment.

Sweet. Thanks for the warm welcome

My wife and I refinanced recently (2.75% I think), and rather than take out a payment each month, they take out two: half on the 15th, half on the 30th. Just doing THAT saves us five months on a ten-year mortgage… all because of the interest in those 15 days between the two half payments.

Latest posts