• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New to Minnesota/Tournaments

Shattered my calcaneus. Was nonweight bearing for 4 months. Didn't keep me down for long.. I was out putting 2 days after surgery on crutches.. playing holes within the week, and playing league within 3 months.. on a hands free crutch, and my first tournament (no crutch or cane) was 5 months. I don't recommend it.. I still am in pain every day.. but here I am..
https://youtu.be/6u1A9ZQSdpc

Sorry to hear about the continued pain! I haven't even tried to throw yet because I'm either on crutches or a knee scooter. But definitely want to be careful after I get out of my boot.

I fractured my fibula and likely had a severe sprained ankle as well about ten years ago. I got back to playing after about 2 months. Just the last few years have I really gotten full range of mobility back and stopped having pain. I took my boot off earlier then recommended and started walking on it and then playing. I'm not sure if it hurt me but I suspect it might have.

I didn't do any special exercises but just forcing the motion to come back but would recommend icing it after you workout or play. Ice is your friend. It will bring down inflamation and pump fresh blood through the area. Helps speed up healing or recovery.

My injury is also a fractured fibula. I've been reading a lot about continued pain so the ice tip really helps. I'm assuming when you started again, throwing mainly stand-still shots was the most comfortable? I am just trying to figure out where to start so I don't end up in a boot again.

My injury is also a fractured fibula. I've been reading a lot about continued pain so the ice tip really helps. I'm assuming when you started again, throwing mainly stand-still shots was the most comfortable? I am just trying to figure out where to start so I don't end up in a boot again.

It was a long time ago so it's a bit blurry. I know I came back sooner then I should have per the advice. I probably did standstills or whatever I could. Mine was on the inside ankle of my left leg. So planting and twisting on my right was fine. It was rotation and weight on my back foot obviously that was the issue. I think if it was on my right it would have been harder throwing RHBH as I think the force is much higher. I would have likely waited longer.

Anyways you will be fine but maybe follow the docs advice like I didn't. I do remember being pretty good about not putting weight on it though and struggling through the grocery store with crutches and a cart. I should have got one of those motorized scooters looking back.

Latest posts