• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New to the forum from Milwaukee

tylerhamrick

Hey disc golfers, I'm new to the forum. I've browsed many times and thought I'd finally step in and say hello.
I'm located in Milwaukee and I am always trying to get better. I thought the next step should be to join the forums and soak up as much info and knowledge as I can, I'm always trying to improve my game.

Welcome from WI! I live about an hour away from you, but head down there from time to time...nice courses in the Milwaukee area!

I just moved up here from Illinois not too long ago so I'm still new to the area and the courses. I haven't been to dretzka yet but hope to soon.

The league at the course by me starts at 6:00 on Thursdays and I get off work at that time, so I'm still looking for a league to join.

Welcome! I'm from down in Kenosha, so an hour south. Never make it up to Milwaukee to play, but from word of mouth some great courses up there. Tendik park (sp) is supposed to be a blast.

Another welcome from WI! I'm just southwest of you about 20 minutes. I play all over the area, so maybe I'll see you out there sometime. Let me know if you want to meet up to play a round or have any questions about the courses around here.

Another welcome from WI! I'm just southwest of you about 20 minutes. I play all over the area, so maybe I'll see you out there sometime. Let me know if you want to meet up to play a round or have any questions about the courses around here.

Is be interested in doing this for sure! I've only really played Abenschein around here. I also played UW Parkside last week and did decently well (sp?)

Is be interested in doing this for sure! I've only really played Abenschein around here. I also played UW Parkside last week and did decently well (sp?)

Abendshein is ok (kinda short and open), but Brown Deer and Dretzka are where it's at in Milwaukee.

Tendick is in Saukville, about 20-30 mins north, depending on where you live.

This^

Also, Estabrook is a good course if you're looking for a shorter course...Brown deer can get a little long for non-pro arms :)

Good call. Estabrook is a nice course, and not too tough. Beware, though...because of this, it can be VERY high traffic during peak times.

^Truth.
Root River is pretty solid, a bit longer than Estabrook, but similar style and layout. Isn't too far from you if you're in Oak Creek.
I'm in Waukesha and gladly make the trek out to Dretzka and Brown Deer as much as possible.