• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New trilogy challenge

dn346485

So the trilogy companies just announced the 2015 trilogy challenge! What discs do you think will be futuring in this years trilogy challenge? What are some things you all would like to see, or have changed from last years challenge?

My predictions:
Putter: Lat64 beaded putter
Mid: DD overstable mid ( like a gator or drone)
Driver: west side workhorse fairway ( like a teebird or something similiar that is speed 7)

Last edited:
The dgam podcast talked about the discs. I brlive it was a slightly understable westside driver, slightly under stable DD mid, and stable lat64 putter

So the trilogy companies just announced the 2015 trilogy challenge! What discs do you think will be futuring in this years trilogy challenge? What are some things you all would like to see, or have changed from last years challenge?

My predictions:
Putter: Lat64 beaded putter
Mid: DD overstable mid ( like a gator or drone)
Driver: west side workhorse fairway ( like a teebird or something similiar that is speed 7)

I doubt anything in the Trilogy Challenge is going to be Gator/Drone overstable. The whole idea is to appeal to a wide range of players of all skill levels. Really overstable discs aren't that. I expect at least the driver and mid (maybe the putter too) to be fairly neutral stability-wise, just like the Thief and Claymore were last year.

I'd love to see a small beaded putter with a very flat top and a sloping shoulder.

A mid that is understable enough to get some turn but still a preditable fade.

A driver that has good glide maybe a speed 9 or 10 with very little turn and a gentle forward fade.(did I just decribe a longer Teebird? Oops.)

I ran a trilogy challenge and it was a fundraising success.

Although I wonder how many years can they go on releasing a moderately understable fairway, a moderately understable mid, and a stable putter?

An understable midrange from DD is almost a no-brainer, I'm sure they'll want to fill that "beat Truth" slot.

Considering Lat64 has a whack of putters already and they just released the Dagger last year, I will go out on a limb and predict this new beaded putter is being designed specifically for Ricky Wysocki.

I would enjoy another Trilogy challenge. This time though we need some bright colored discs. Our card spent most of the time looking for the brown-green Claymore and grass green Thief in a heavy undergrowth Oregon forest.

I would enjoy another Trilogy challenge. This time though we need some bright colored discs. Our card spent most of the time looking for the brown-green Claymore and grass green Thief in a heavy undergrowth Oregon forest.

^This x 10

Sampo, Macana, and Evidence. An interesting set of disc names...

PLAYER PACK INCLUDES:
(1) Westside Discs Recycled Tournament Sampo
(1) Dynamic Discs BioFuzion Evidence
(1) Latitude 64 Zero Medium Macana
(1) Trilogy Challenge Mini
(1) Mini Clipboard
(1) Mini Sharpie
(1) Trilogy Scorecard and Pencil

Sampo, Macana, and Evidence. An interesting set of disc names...

PLAYER PACK INCLUDES:
(1) Westside Discs Recycled Tournament Sampo
(1) Dynamic Discs BioFuzion Evidence
(1) Latitude 64 Zero Medium Macana
(1) Trilogy Challenge Mini
(1) Mini Clipboard
(1) Mini Sharpie
(1) Trilogy Scorecard and Pencil

Hmm, all new. Wonder what Sampo means in Finnish.

Oh, thanks Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampo

Latest posts