• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New website: Pro Disc Golf Journal

pdgjeditor

Thank you. nice aggregation. So no original content, just an aggregation of what's available? Not a knock, just a question.

It looks like the recaps of tournaments will be original content.
Definitely a nice gathering of videos for many events, big and small.
Good luck!

Thank you. nice aggregation. So no original content, just an aggregation of what's available? Not a knock, just a question.

Original content will (mostly) begin with the New Year when I release my men's 2022 season preview. I will have a women's season preview as well, shortly after the men's is released. I will have weekly recaps as each weekend's tournaments unfold (and add videos to them when they are available). And I have a few other things planned.

For now, most of what I'm doing is setting up the 2021 archives, which are mostly compiling all the videos. I will do a writeup summarizing the 2021 USDGC and 2021 Throw Pink Women's event as well.

Kinda funny story, I didn't mean to make the site "live" until January 1, but I hit the wrong button and couldn't "undo" making it live. So I've just started the building process early!

I have a question for everyone. I plan on compiling a list of all men's 1100+ rated rounds thrown in A-tier (or higher) tournaments. What would be a good mark for a women's list? 1050? 1025?

You guys are old, lol. These are an important part of our history. Here are a couple editions for the kids to peruse and enjoy.

https://www.flyingdiscmuseum.com/discgolfjournal_vol-2_no-2.pdf

https://www.flyingdiscmuseum.com/discgolfjournal_vol-3_no-6.pdf

Somethings never change. Nothing like having a PDGA "World Tour Event" disrupted by the following.

Despite a last minute change of our 9 temporary holes (we were notified the
night before the tournament that a group of amateur radio operators were having a
ham contest on our temporary course), the tournament ran smoothly.

Craiger's article on the building of Seneca Creek was very interesting read as well.

I have started a new sports journalism website for professional disc golf. Right now I am in the process of finishing the 2021 archives, which include the just-completed review of the 2021 world championships. I plan on having lots of additional content — including 2022 season previews for both the men and women — once the New Year arrives.

All feedback (good, bad or ugly) is welcomed and encouraged. Thanks!

It would be nice if you had an about page to let the readers know a few things about who is running and writing this web page.

You guys are old, lol. These are an important part of our history. Here are a couple editions for the kids to peruse and enjoy.

https://www.flyingdiscmuseum.com/discgolfjournal_vol-2_no-2.pdf

Oh wow, blast from the past - Sept/Oct 1992 issue includes an article titled World Class Course: Seneca Creek State Park, shortly after the course opened. Amazing to see old pictures of little saplings where high-canopied forest now grows. When the course was new there were a few holes where you could throw over the trees - good luck with that today. :rolleyes:

FWIW, Seneca Creek has been redesigned from 18 to 27 holes (and improved, IMO). Some holes from the article have a different number but still exist; others exist only in memory.

Seneca Creek remains one of my absolute favorite places to throw plastic into trees. :D

I have a question for everyone. I plan on compiling a list of all men's 1100+ rated rounds thrown in A-tier (or higher) tournaments. What would be a good mark for a women's list? 1050? 1025?

Only a handful of ladies rounds ever above 1050.

Chuck (cgkdisc) likely has this info already. You can also find list of the highest rated rounds on the PDGA site.

Last edited:
Here's a list of the top 10 highest rated rounds in different course SSA ranges. But the PDGA has not updated it in a few years. Maybe they'll help you get the updated list for the past few years but I believe every 1100+ rated round has made this list thru 2018. Although the event tier isn't shown, most of these records were likely shot in A-tiers. It shouldn't really matter though since the players are playing the course and these events all had large enough fields of propagators to produce legit round ratings.

If you use 1100+ as the baseline for MPO, 1030+ would be the equivalent for FPO.

Oh wow, blast from the past - Sept/Oct 1992 issue includes an article titled World Class Course: Seneca Creek State Park, shortly after the course opened. Amazing to see old pictures of little saplings where high-canopied forest now grows. When the course was new there were a few holes where you could throw over the trees - good luck with that today. :rolleyes:

FWIW, Seneca Creek has been redesigned from 18 to 27 holes (and improved, IMO). Some holes from the article have a different number but still exist; others exist only in memory.

Seneca Creek remains one of my absolute favorite places to throw plastic into trees. :D

In the mid 90's pretty much everything you did was either throw over or roll.

Although highest round ratings work for comparing historically great rounds within each SSA range, there's probably a better way to compare great rounds among all SSA ranges discussed in Part 3 of my series of three stats articles on the PDGA site.

Although highest round ratings work for comparing historically great rounds within each SSA range, there's probably a better way to compare great rounds among all SSA ranges discussed in Part 3 of my series of three stats articles on the PDGA site.

I'm not trying to "rate" the rounds per se, just have a list of them (with corresponding youtube videos of the rounds if they are available).

I will use 1025 as the threshold for the women, I think.