• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Newb...sort of.

fhtagn

Greetings. I'm a newb to the forums, and a returning disc golf player. I used to play back in the late 90's in the Dallas area, Skyline mostly, before they moved it to B.B. Owens. I came back to the game to find 1,000,000,000 new discs and weird numbers on them telling me how someone thinks they fly. It's a bit confusing...but with a bit of luck, I've managed to find a couple of discs that work for me. It is good to see that the sport has exploded in popularity and skill levels. Hopefully I can get my game up a bit and start playing some tournaments.

Welcome to the site.
Yes, many things have changed since then. Good luck on your journey to the present!

Welcome bud! I'm pretty much a newbie all around, forum and to DG.

http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/content/?page_id=431 is probably the best resource that I've discovered for helping me understand discs flight comparison. I've spent a lot of time on the forums reading over the past month - there is a lot of knowledge here.

Welcome. I too played mid to late 90's and returned to the sport this summer. Disc options are still a little overwhelming, but I've found quite a lot of useful info here. And some not so useful...

Greetings. I'm a newb to the forums, and a returning disc golf player. I used to play back in the late 90's in the Dallas area, Skyline mostly, before they moved it to B.B. Owens. I came back to the game to find 1,000,000,000 new discs and weird numbers on them telling me how someone thinks they fly. It's a bit confusing...but with a bit of luck, I've managed to find a couple of discs that work for me. It is good to see that the sport has exploded in popularity and skill levels. Hopefully I can get my game up a bit and start playing some tournaments.

Welcome back, brother!

Me, too. I played a few times with my buddy back in the early 90`s and enjoyed it. We really only carried one disc and i don`t think we even kept score. Got back into the game about a year ago, and i can`t get out enough. My scores are slowly improving, but having a great time out there!

Latest posts