• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Newbie Couple

best advice i can give, being new myself, that no one seems to mention because its taken for granted...when your throwing the disc, it is not like throwing a frisbee, where your arm kind of does circular motion around your body, its more like pull starting a lawnmower, starting with your arm straight out (pointing away from your target) and pulling almost in a straight line across your body, to your aiming point, (almost like your trying to punch with the back of your hand) and the disc will come out of your hand without you having to let it go, it will come out naturally because of the torque, which will create a lot of spin, making the disc hold a straight line & go farther.

Pour 100% deet all of your discs to keep bugs off.

My wife and I discovered it 3 years ago and play 2-3 times a week every week even in the deep mid winter snow and cold of western NY. Welcome to your newest addiction. The 2 discs that made the biggest impact on our improvement in the beginning were a Buzzz and especially a 150g Leopard for me, a 150g Roc for her.

Well, I took notes and the wife and I went out last night and practiced a little. Will hit the course tonight. I will definitly check out that visalia tournament. Thanks everyone for all the help. I will now go and shoot myself, but only after I practice. Thanks again.

Latest posts