• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

newbie n i dont want bad habits!

joeypm

Hi all,
I've been reading a lot. Watching videos..... all good and well. I know it takes practice and more practice. My question I can't find an answer to. Straight ahead fairway 350' no trees , no wind....throwing a champion valk 166.. goes straight then hangs a hard right last minute. In the above situation should I be aiming down the left side up against the tree line? Throwing staight , anhyzer hyzer or what? I know everyone is different....but to practice throwing it correctly and to get the disc to do what's its made to do no one ever explains how or what direction/angle to at least start from..... ill put my time in but would like to maximize that time......thanks in advance....... joeypm

Your throwing style will greatly benefit us when trying to help you, as will you posting a video of yourself throwing. Many of the people in the forums here are spot on when it comes to good form help.

Sorry for now I'm throwing rh forehand. Not enough power for rhbh at the moment.

Well, I'm assuming that you're left handed or throwing right hand forehand if it's hanging a hard right at the end. In either case, virtually any disc will tend to "fade" to that side at the end. That is the last number in Innova's flight chart rating, telling you how much it will tend that direction. With a valk's fade rated at 3 (on a scale of 0-5) it will hook pretty hard. You can either look for a disc that has less fade, aim to the left of where you want to throw or throw on a slight anhyzer line to get the disc to "S" back into the line that you want to hit.

In reality, the more you throw your disc, the more you will understand how it flies and the more you will be able to do with it. Be one with the disc!

Probably nose angle issues. More to the point, FH form hasn't been broken down as much as BH. Start throwing BH now. Don't abandon FH, but BH is far easier to get right, so you'll have good form more quickly.

Bassman....rhbh I wasnt throwing that good maybe 200' when I switched to rffh driving I could hit maybe 300' down the fair way before it died and went right... I do have 6 1/4 bolts and a plate in my right wrist not that im complaining... im thinking since that wrist dosnt quite open all the way .... i will have to practice to control the angles more then others... of coarse I know that it takes time to drive 3-4 hundred feet and control the flight... I guess im just assuming that most people when throwing the valk for that distance must be aiming in a certain direction to get the distance and S curve and thats where I want to concentrate to throw to see how I must correct the angles for my bad wrist... I know its alot to ask but I figured most must be throwing down the left side of the fairway with im guessing anhyzer?