• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Newton Hill Park • Worcester, MA

gcoghill

Birdie Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
With its 40 acres of trees, underbrush and steep terrain, Newton Hill is anything but an ideal site for a golf course — a traditional golf course, that is.

But it has caught the eye of those who play disc golf, who see it as 40 acres of "untapped potential" for their sport. So much so that they are partnering with the Friends of Newton Hill to create an 18-hole disc golf course in the park, which is bounded by Pleasant Street, Highland Street and Park Avenue in the Newton Square area.

The Parks and Recreation Commission unanimously gave the group the green light to go ahead with those plans Thursday night.

Full article

The rest of that article implied a bunch of other courses in the area. I am sure there is a disc golf website where you could locate them all, and get reviews, map locations and discuss :)

Additional Info

Hey guys! Thanks for the info. Was curious if their was any additional info regarding this new development? Like size, layout, cost etc...

I'm fairly new to the sport. I was born and raised in Worcester, but now I own in Oxford. It's great having a nice free course down the street from my house.

Look forward to chatting with you guys. And who knows, maybe someday we'll meet up and play.

Take care,

Joe

@digitalhavoc - I just posted the news item (saw it in my saved Google search RSS feed), don't really have any other info about the course.

Great article. There is a new nine hole course in worcester that was being set up a couple weeks ago. I wonder if that is the same one.

Its amazing how this sport has taken off in the central massachusetts area. Now there is about a dozen decent courses no more than 15-45 min away from each other. No doubt Marshall Street has had a lot to do with it.

I hope this bug works its way to the eastern part of the state!

Last edited:
Great article. There is a new nine hole course in worcester that was being set up a couple weeks ago. I wonder if that is the same one.

Its amazing how this sport has taken off in the central massachusetts area. Now there is about a dozen decent courses no more than 15-45 min away from each other. No doubt Marshall Street has had a lot to do with it.

I hope this bug works its way to the eastern part of the state!

dont forget maple hill!

Played 9 there yesterday

The course is coming together very nicely. Still needs real tees and baskets on many of the holes, and there's no signage, but the layout is very nice especially considering it's pretty much right smack in the middle of the 2nd biggest city in New England. It will be a fantastic asset when it's done. WTG to the Marshall Street folks and the "Friends of Newton Hill" for their work on this.

Dammit why couldnt they have put this up when i was attending WPI???? - 2 blocks away. I'll have to check it out.

You can follow the progress on the forum on Nefa.com. Nearby in about the same stage of completion is the one in Cogshall Park in Fitchburg MA.