• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Next Disc

riverara

Here is my current bag:

2 Aviar Putters
Comet Elite X
Buzz Elite Z
DX Leopard
DX Cheetah
KC Pro Teebird
Champ TeeBird
Avenger SS
DX Viper (Windy Days)

Elite Z XS

I have a few other discs Im going to trade in and was wondering what else I might need.

1) Should I use the XS as my head wind disc (replacing the viper) or should I stick with the viper? I dont know how "fast" either of them are but I can only drive to 250' right now.

2) I can get one disc. What should I pick up? Another Comet (X or Z?)? Or something else?

Are the flightpaths of the Teebirds and Leopard/Cheetah vastly different? Teebirds are usually more stable than Leopards and Cheetahs; if you're missing something in the middle to control, I'd suggest picking up an Eagle-X (the more commercially popular one). I like them in Star, but others love them in DX and Champion.

a roc a roc a roc. learn how to throw them and everything else becomes useless! ive got 5 rocs in my bag now along with 4 pro rhynos and 2 champ rhynos....i just played a round today with 24 discs in my bag and only used 13 of them.....11 of which were just listed

That xs should be your main, straight, distance driver.
The roc is a great compliment to the comet.

With the roc addition you should be all set. We basically have the same setup.
Aviar-challenger
comet/buzzz-comet/roc
Leo/xl
cheetah/talon
avengerss-avenger ss (til my valks break in a lil)
xs-valk
viper- heavy z avenger

technique is key to any disc though! i changed my style over the last week or 2 and went from 225 to 290ish with my pro rhyno. my nuke is toppin 450 now. BUT.....my putting still sux so my scores suck:doh:

love my rhynos. wish i could hit 290'! what did you do to push them out there?

Snap. Lots of it. Rhynos can handle a lot of power from a perfect throw because of their stability. At least this is what I've seen. I don't have perfect form, but I have the basics. I can crank one out there about 250', so I know that someone out there better than me can hit 300' with them.

To the OP: There's a lot of Roc and Buzzz love around here. Personally I've sided with the Buzzz that you have in the bag. I don't know that getting a Roc will open new doors for you, but if your Buzzz is a beat one, it has lost its stability and a Roc is not a bad option for a stable mid.

A Roc and a Buzzz cannot be left alone together in the same bag...It's just not safe. (kind of like Whoopi and Bill O'Reilly).

Well I ended up getting a DX Eagle and Star Leopard.
I got the Star Leopard because its always good to have a backup and this is in star plastic.

I tried out the DX Eagle and threw it farther than almost anything Ive thrown yet! I know it might have just been a fluke but for $4 used and in great condition, I had to get it.

As for the flight paths psudg17 asked about:
The Leopard is the most understable. And I use if for anhyzer throws a lot. Either that or for a hyzer flip.
The Cheetah is more of a straight flier for me.
And the TeeBird is pretty straight but has some hyzer fade at the end. So I use it for hyzer angles mostly.

unless some of your discs are getting too beat up to use and you need replacements, what you have should be a very good set up.

try something more overstable. looks like you've got mostly slower discs, a Wasp might be a good addition and contrast your Comet and Buzzz.

Ive stuck with the slower discs lately since im still new to the game. Ive been playing for less than 4 months and my longest drive is only like 280 ft. That was with a TeeBird

How far should I be throwing my comet and buzzz before I start moving to faster discs?

any of the courses...especially in sc/nc area are wooded. if you pull 300 consistant then you shouldnt worry. i wish i'd never learned to throw big. the rest of my game has suffered because i want to ace that 500 footer that will never happen. Advice: Get all the basic good habits first then the distance will come.

Latest posts