• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Nexus plastic

I was actually googling Nexus vs XT plastic just now and this is the latest thread. Pretty cool!

I have never touched Nexus plastic and am pretty curious about it. I have XT BB Aviars that seem to be exactly like the description for Nexus. Just a little less stiff than KC, and just a little less grippy than JK. Seems to be a best of both worlds, but even stiffer would be better.

My take on the whole thing is if you live in a place where the temperature changes significantly over the year, it makes sense to switch from KC Aviars to something more grippy like XT, JK, or Yeti in the winter. Thomas Gilbert used Yetis when he played with Innova in Canada.

So my question is, can anyone compare XT to Nexus in detail? Specifically in the BB Aviar mold, and using current KC plastic as a baseline. Many thanks in advance
I have an XT Big Bead and a pair of the Nexus Big Beads. The Nexus is much stiffer, but the plastic is equally grippy. Pretty much a perfect mix of a JK and KC.

The potential downsides: both of my Nexus are incredibly puddle topped, and the one I bag to throw was flippy out of the box. Like, JK with years of wear on it flippy. I haven't thrown the other one so I can't confirm they're all like that, but the wing and puddle is identical so I'm inclined to believe they are.

Edit: didn't notice your comparison request to KC. It is not quite as stiff as KC but nowhere near as flexible as JK. It is significantly grippier than KC.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Awesome, thank you! I've found I'd rather have a less stable BB mold for putting, and prefer the puddle top, so nexus might be perfect for me. I've also found that all BB molds in various Pro plastic cave in/puddle top with wear.

Awesome, thank you! I've found I'd rather have a less stable BB mold for putting, and prefer the puddle top, so nexus might be perfect for me. I've also found that all BB molds in various Pro plastic cave in/puddle top with wear.
FWIW, my older JKs have all formed slight puddle tops and the Nexus out of the box still has a significantly more drastic puddle top. If you are a fan of the feel they will probably be great for you. I'm pretty neutral on it but I have a few friends that felt them and were definitely not fans of the feel.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Over the last few months I have ordered a few different BB aviars in various plastics for my dad, who putts with JKs, and off memory, I think the nexus, XT, and galactic, all showed up puddle topped. I don't personally have any newish BBs, mine are all older but the only puddle topped BBs I had seen were yetis when they first came out. I'm used to them being board flat but not puddle top. As far as nexus goes, I don't even know what it's "supposed" to feel like because I've seen multiple variations of it. I prefer the feel of the hard and semi gritty blend.

I have a couple of Nexus Aviars that I am using for putting and practicing putting. Noticed the other day that two out of the three I own seem to be pealing. Almost like it is some type of mold underneath with a plastic coating on top. It started out as a good alternative to DX Aviars but now I have some questions after almost a year of heavy use. Does anyone else have this issue?

I have a couple of Nexus Aviars that I am using for putting and practicing putting. Noticed the other day that two out of the three I own seem to be pealing. Almost like it is some type of mold underneath with a plastic coating on top. It started out as a good alternative to DX Aviars but now I have some questions after almost a year of heavy use. Does anyone else have this issue?

I've been using Nexus P&A's for over a year for putting. No peeling. Mine are solid colors but I've heard the peeling is an issue with Galactic discs.

I've been using Nexus P&A's for over a year for putting. No peeling. Mine are solid colors but I've heard the peeling is an issue with Galactic discs.

Mine look like the Galactic Nexus they look like this:
https://infinitediscs.com/Innova-Aviar/Galactic-Nexus

It's good to know that there is a difference between Nexus and Galactic Nexus. I thought it was the same. Places like my local disc store and OTB disc are selling them as Nexus. Something to keep an eye out for. Thanks:thmbup:

Mine look like the Galactic Nexus they look like this:
https://infinitediscs.com/Innova-Aviar/Galactic-Nexus

It's good to know that there is a difference between Nexus and Galactic Nexus. I thought it was the same. Places like my local disc store and OTB disc are selling them as Nexus. Something to keep an eye out for. Thanks:thmbup:

They definitely make Nexus Aviars that are in the Galactic color. In fact the latest run has been only the galactic color. But I think there may be something about the process to make the galactic swirly that causing a peeling issue. If you can get some of the solid color ones from earlier runs you'll love them.

Latest posts