• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nick Hyde Memorial May 4-6

wow...16 players within 5 strokes, 11 within 4, 7 within 3, 4 (top card) within 1. Going to be an exciting final round!

I'm pretty sure I would've just played barefoot to avoid having to clean my shoes later.

Hokom spanked the field. I'd have thought Cat and Weese would have kept it closer.

I'm pretty sure I would've just played barefoot to avoid having to clean my shoes later.

The locals (me included) have mud shoes/boots for wet conditions. DFW mud is black clay and is really slick when wet. I wear the boots knowing that I'm not taking big run ups or long strides to the pivot foot on drives. Takes about 50 feet off the distance, but you need as good footing as you can get. As for barefoot, it would take you weeks to get the stuff out from under you toenails.

Hokom spanked the field. I'd have thought Cat and Weese would have kept it closer.

Yes, it´s strange to see Hokom beat Cat by 18 strokes over 3 rounds. . to bad Paige was not there. . .or good for Hokom ;)

UDisc has Hokom at -1 total. . .PDGA at +3 . .but both have the same total score of 183. . strange

wow...crazy how 3 rounds of golf crowns the winner based on literally the last 2 holes of the event. The top 10 scores were only separated by 8 strokes, that's only 2.6 strokes...per round. If you have a few bad holes at anytime during the tournament, might as well kiss your chance of winning good bye. Is this low score separation typical of the game at the elite level? Seems like it just about eliminates any chance of a "beast mode" style come back in the final round.

This feels like a "birdy o die" kind of course. . Paul only hade 14pars in 3 rounds and 32 birdys!

UDisc has Hokom at -1 total. . .PDGA at +3 . .but both have the same total score of 183. . strange

Not strange at all. PDGA.com has the first round course listed as a 16-hole par 54. Udisc has it, accurately I presume, as a 16-hole par 58. Best guess would be they rushed the change of layout assignment in the PDGA tournament manager and changed the number of holes but did not change the par, which is always set as a default of 54.

Congrats on the win, Paul. Maybe we need more threads saying you're "done" to get you motivated. :p

Those are wrong... and I mean WRONG. One was 55ft one was 100ft and the third one was maybe circles edge but deep in the brush.

I only viewed the UDisc Live scores, to bad for your stats that they have C1 putting wrong :(

Performance tracks for MPO, top ten rated and finishers.

attachment.php

Nate having to watch his 57 and comment...???

Final round of the 2017 USDGC Koling shot 69. 11 shots worse than Nate. He was still solid on the commentary even though it might have been unpleasant to watch. Nate'll do the same.

Latest posts