• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nicknames for Holes

All the holes at The Firecracker DGC http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5468&mode=ci have nicknames on the teesigns. I tried to go with something that had to do with the sponsor of that hole while still maintaining a relationship to the type of hole or a disc golf feel. For example hole 10's tee is called "A Thing of Beauti" because my wife helped with getting the news out there to do a story on the course and she sells Beauti Control products. So it goes with her business and the hole is really pretty to look at (I feel especially when fall comes).

Holes at Highbridge and The Valley have hole names on the signs. Kaposia, Oakwood and CP Adams also had hole names for Worlds but haven't made it onto tee signs (plus several holes have changed since Worlds). I think hole names are a good idea for course marketing purposes in addition to the ID problem regarding hole numbers moving around when the layout changes. I'm surprised more courses haven't been named with names that are more memorable than the name of the park they are in along with creating logos for them that can be used as hotstamps on custom stamped discs for club fundraising.

Hole #15 at Crossroads of Life DGC in Duncanville, TX.:

"The Green Mile"

I've got one that I've been calling "The Bermuda Triangle".
Discs just seem to disappear for no reason.

no one has mentioned "the Beauty and Beast" at Brandywine in Delaware followed up by the Bastard, holes 4, 5 and 6.

You know that hyzer hole, right?

The local pitch and putt has what my friends call "someone's gotta hit it" holes, a stretch of about 5 holes where a noon is guaranteed to hit a tree 15' from the tee at least once.

Hole 18 At plamann in appleton is the ice cream hole, if you throw over the fence of the swimming pond area you owe the people in your group ice cream.

Holes are all named at Joralemon.

149397_411271628897699_35869689_n.jpg

45275_m.jpg

Dexter has nicknames on most if not all of its holes - some of my favorites are Stairway to Heaven and Pachinko Alley.

We also have a "Vietnam" hole at Cameron Park in Waco, complete with bamboo.

On one course we have holes named "Airway to Seven", "Leaf It To Be There", "Hill Climo" and "Sumac Cum Laude".

We used to have an 18 hole course where every hole had a name on the tee sign. They built a school there and the course became a 9 hole course that only gets some local play. I only remember one name and it was on a hole called "security". There are two trees about 18" apart and the basket is about 4 feet past them. I aced that hole once with a Z Reaper and whenever I play there I still try to figure out how it happened.

Most of our courses here in Humboldt have names for every hole.
Here's the ones for the Redwood Curtain

1. Redwood Curtain
2. Exit stage left
3. Out of body
4. Window pain
5. Crossroads
6. Skwid Row
7. Don't Fret
8. Tunnel Vision
9. G-Curve
10. Alder Slash
11. Lake Jo-Mama
12. Uphill Battle
13. X-Hole
14. Skivies
15. Sidehill battle
16. Poodle Tree
17. Grandmas Pad
18. Stairway to Hell

Haha, this is great :D Nicknames for holes makes it more fun to me. I'm not sure why haha

Haha, this is great :D Nicknames for holes makes it more fun to me. I'm not sure why haha

Glad you enjoyed them. I'll try to find my list of ones from Ammon Ranch forward and reverse as they both have different names for the holes. Here's the ones from Horse Mountain (one of our unlisted courses)

1. Power Plateau
2. Made In The Shade
3. Riffle Sights
4. Big Jeff
5. CTP / FTP
6. Twin Towers
7. Frog Pond
8. Salvador Dali
9. Lions Den
10. 50 ways to get your birdie
11. X-Man IS here
12. Not a par 4
13. Spring Forward
14. Sidehill on Steroids
15. Out of sight out of mind
16. Cess Pool
17. Drop Zone
18. The Rock

Last edited:
I have a couple of nicknames for holes at Flip City:

hole 3a, most people call this "vietnam" for the amount of trees... I've begun to call it "the john mccain experience..."
1099220c_m.jpg

hole 6a, I call this "the intimidator"
eaf2da89.jpg

You forgot hole 5A at Flip, Jeff.

He calls this one "The Grotto"

9cfe9c3f.jpg

Lately, we've been calling 1A "B3NDER's B****" as I aced it at leagues a few weeks ago:

b0f9927a.jpg

The basket is RIGHT behind that awkwardly bent up tree.

Ammon Ranch (annother unlisted course)

Forward

1. New Meat Ram
2. ??? (I can't remember)
3. Ram Rock
4. Don't Fence Me In
5. Donkey Boy
6. Ram 'n' Roll
7. Deliverance
8. Salt Lick
9. CTP / FTP
10. Turn and Burn
11. Ramshorn
12. Rammin Man
13. Snort Fort
14. Ram Lake
15. Far and Away
16. Sweet Little
17. Chunderosa
18. Fist Full of Rams

Reverse

1. Chunder Ho!
2. Slow Poke
3. Chunderation Station
4. Malfunction Junction
5. Chunder Stealer
6. Slit Ram Slam
7. Ram Gap
8. Land Of The Lost
9. Applesauce
10. FTP Ram!
11. Nervous Nelly
12. Mule Train
13. Last Chance
14. Jackass Express
15. Tweener Gap
16. Ram Rock
17. Hold Up
18. Hang Low

At LTC Cleveland, I've come up with:

#15 "The Horseshoe" (very tough RHBH anhyzer/LHBH hyzer with almost ZERO punch-through-the-woods potential)
edc25968.jpg

#12 "Autumn Applesauce" (a tunnel shot through the apple trees in the fall that fails to reach the basket will more than likely land in mushy apples)
5b9528bf.jpg

#7 "The Hoffmann Hole" (my siblings and I sponsored this hole, which features our family coat of arms in the ad space)
0e169e41.jpg

Latest posts