• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nikko Calls Foot Fault on Gurthie ... "Don't you shake his hand, bro.."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if the LOP goes through the big dark tree, it is a FF.....and the basket is somewhere well to the right of that.

I don't see any reason to believe that there is any connection between the foot fault and the rough handshake-comealong-thing. Until someone who was there speaks up I will remain unconvinced. That being said it was really strange and it was uncomfortable to watch.

Unrelated thoughts: Ricky Wysocki is a straight up monster, Nikko looks ridiculous, lol at some of the tree hits, and that course looks hard as hell.

I disagree. I think if you asked that player to redo the exact same shot, but this time, without stepping over his mini, the result could be different. It takes concentration and skill to land perfectly behind your mini, and thinking about it while you throw changes a lot of thing. My opinion.

My opinion too.

Even if the LOP goes through the big dark tree, it is a FF.....and the basket is somewhere well to the right of that.

Using your LOP, everyone FF their second shots. Gg and Dave even more so since they were pinned on the left side of the fairway.

The line of play isn't always the direct line to the basket.

The flight line might not be but the stance must be on the line of play.

Line of Play The imaginary line on the playing surface extending from the center of the target through the center of the marker disc and beyond.

The flight line might not be but the stance must be on the line of play.

Line of Play The imaginary line on the playing surface extending from the center of the target through the center of the marker disc and beyond.

This, unless theres a mando

It was interesting watching the video after reading much of what was posted . . . .I expected lots of drama and was surprised how tame/well-mannered it was.

I do know that the video is outstanding. Thanks.

Using your LOP, everyone FF their second shots. Gg and Dave even more so since they were pinned on the left side of the fairway.

Well, its not really my LOP that is of concern, it is their's. And, you are right - it does appear that none of them are planting in the correct spot in relation to their marker and the LOP (basket to mini - basket is off to the right, not up the visible fairway) in several cases:
GG at 27:44
DF at 27:52 (his leg obscures his plant foot and mini)
RW at 27:57
DF at 28:12

I made stills of these, but they do not show anything too clear.....but you do see it when you watch. Here is the video again for convenience:

Last edited:
Silly FF, no advantage from it. I always remain planted on short upshots like that, but I'm not a pro either.

Looked like a FF to me! Granted I would have never called something like that in an open field but the FF allowed for a better angle (aka widened his line).

Seen worse but I can see why it was called.

Am I seeing things or is FB smoking a cig around 22 min?

Edit: 22:25 to be exact

Well, its not really my LOP that is of concern, it is their's. And, you are right - it does appear that none of them are planting in the correct spot in relation to their marker and the LOP (basket to mini - basket is off to the right, not up the visible fairway) in several cases:
GG at 27:44
DF at 27:52 (his leg obscures his plant foot and mini)
RW at 27:57
DF at 28:12

I made stills of these, but they do not show anything too clear.....but you do see it when you watch. Here is the video again for convenience:

GG at 27:44 -- I have to disagree with this one as his foot is clearly behind his disc. Nitpicking

20:46 or so. Pay attention to Nikko's foot when he throws in his shot. He lays down his mini, puts the disc in front, and stands to the side of the mini, but behind the disc.

I had noticed that.....but his foot is not shown during the throw so we cannot tell if his heel came off the LOP before the release as one would expect it to.

20:46 or so. Pay attention to Nikko's foot when he throws in his shot. He lays down his mini, puts the disc in front, and stands to the side of the mini, but behind the disc.

I looked at it, and Mikko's feet is clearly touching the lop behind the mini. Not sure what people are looking for here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts