• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nikko Calls Foot Fault on Gurthie ... "Don't you shake his hand, bro.."

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying don't follow the rules. I'm saying I don't go out looking at a player's foot as they throw. Obviously if the foot position is egregious then you would notice it. I didn't think it was in the video. Rules should be followed. If he felt it was a ff then he should call it.

If the sport was truly self-governed (like ultimate) then this would never be a big deal. when we play in PDGA events we accept their rules, whether we think they are good rules or not. If everyone knew all the rules and enforced them we all would be better off, rather than the current climate where if you call foot faults your labeled as a dick and people get upset. Sure, in the amateur ranks there should be some leeway, but at the pro level there shouldn't be.

This means calling foot faults REGARDLESS of the result of the shot. If a player foot faults and hit the first tree then rolled backwards into OB, it should be called the same as if its a fairway ace.

Nikko took a beating in this thread. I'm not a big fan of Nikko but it's clear GG had an advantage on that first throw by missing the correct stance. Go back and watch the video when he throws the 2nd time. His foot is easily 6 to 8 inches farther left at the correct lie. Let's also not forget it took a 2nd to call that violation. I respect the call made and it was the correct one.

Status
Not open for further replies.