• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nikko - Innova's Star Team Member

Since Juliana stopped playing competetively, they took her name off the Champ Valkyrie. There still might be a few on the shelves at your local stores, but she's not on the recently run ones.

In addition to adding Nikko, it looks like Innova redefined their teams. They added "Hall of Fame" team, moving a number of the former "Star" team members to that level and then moved a number of "Champion" team members to "Star."

I was wondering why Climo and Shultz were no longer on Star team--they redefined the team names, it seems.

I think star is now for the current top tourny players, people that are high profile nowadays. Hall of fame is for great players that don't meet this criteria.

So why doesn't the Innova site have any current pics of Nikko? He had his hair cut for most of last season, didn't he? Again, not really important... but if you're going to market a player, shouldn't you have current pictures? :doh:

yeah@!!!!

I think star is now for the current top tourny players, people that are high profile nowadays. Hall of fame is for great players that don't meet this criteria.

I would say for the most part that could be true. However, I would say it would be more like the people who have brought the most to Innova and have been with them the longest. I mean, afterall, Kenny is ranked 4th in the world :thmbup:

I would say for the most part that could be true. However, I would say it would be more like the people who have brought the most to Innova and have been with them the longest. I mean, afterall, Kenny is ranked 4th in the world :thmbup:

That's true. But if I'm not mistaken he's not playing as many tourneys as he used to, and definitely not as much as people like Mcbeth or Feldburg.

If you wanted more information about the Innova Sponsorship check out the details on my website www.nldg.net. I am traveling this year with the nonstopdiscgolf crew working together to run a series of tour stops. Together we will run clinics and demonstrations at as many tournaments as possible. Our first nonstop tournament is in Taos New Mexico on March 10th and 11th. I'm throwing/putting with Aviars using Rocs for mid range. Long range drivers include destroyers and PD2. We are still working on the nonstopdiscgolf website, updates will be in progress shortly. Stay tuned for more updates about Nikko Locastro,Will Schusterick,Dave Feldberg, Cale Leiviska. NONSTOPDISCGOLF 2012

If you wanted more information about the Innova Sponsorship check out the details on my website www.nldg.net. I am traveling this year with the nonstopdiscgolf crew working together to run a series of tour stops. Together we will run clinics and demonstrations at as many tournaments as possible. Our first nonstop tournament is in Taos New Mexico on March 10th and 11th. I'm throwing/putting with Aviars using Rocs for mid range. Long range drivers include destroyers and PD2. We are still working on the nonstopdiscgolf website, updates will be in progress shortly. Stay tuned for more updates about Nikko Locastro,Will Schusterick,Dave Feldberg, Cale Leiviska. NONSTOPDISCGOLF 2012

Awesome! Thanks for weighing in and keep up the good work. Good luck on tour!

I don't see a calendar of the planned stops on your tour posted on your website yet. I realize it's still a work in progress, but do y'all have plans to be in the Southeastern USA any time this year?

Going through the list of "Hall of Fame" team members, they're all over 40. My guess is that's the difference, since it looks like the oldest member of the "Star Team" turns 40 this year.

I don't see a calendar of the planned stops on your tour posted on your website yet. I realize it's still a work in progress, but do y'all have plans to be in the Southeastern USA any time this year?

They are running a one-day C tier in Knoxville on 4/1 (Sunday).

I'm hoping for something closer to Atlanta. Where can I find the schedule?

Dont know of a schedule, just know that tourney. Guessing they are following the NT and scheduling around it. Whens the AO?

No A-Tiers or Majors on the schedule for Georgia. Maybe they'll stop by Atlanta during the week between the US Women's DGC in Huntsville and the USDGC in in Rock Hill. :\

I really don't see this as being that big of a deal for Gateway. I'm still going to buy a new SSS Wizard next week. 95% of disc golfers don't even know who Nikko is, let alone what he was throwing. As long as Gateway keeps making good discs, they will sell just fine.

I think you are wrong there. But, good luck to GDS.

You're right, but only because it's more like 99% of people buying new discs who don't know who Nikko is. Unless you're an internet disc golf geek who watches youtube videos and/or an avid PDGA member, you won't know who he is. His name isn't on any discs. Ken Climo on the other hand, everyone knows who he is, because his name has been plastered all over discs for the last decade or two.