• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Nitro 23mm Driver

Nitro is fast and OS. So there you go!

Nitro vs. Octane = Beefy vs. Beat in Destroyer/Force/Outlaw, etc. I say that mostly for the Octane comparison: it'll hook up but always finish left.

Nitro is quite beefy, but not uncontrollably so. It's got a lot of glide, it gets out there fast, but it'll hold up in a head wind and can handle torque. It's a great big-arm disc for sure.

Yeah its throwable and im no monster arm but this will handle flex lines like a faster motion with more skip vs photons which want to finish straighter and this hooks up earlier. Phase was OS but didnt have the same carry like you mention.

Once seasoned a little i think both new molds will really start to grow on me. Been a while since ive even thrown much 11+ speed stuff. These get out there quick and have the most skip of any MVPs even on the longer sticky grass tonight after rain.

nope. I can throw my ions/other slower stuff pretty well and control drivers like volt/tesla up to 350'-400' but past that depends on the day lol.

the octane tonight was hitting some new straight line golf lines I haven't really hit b4 which has me interested for sure. Nitro almost seems like a little too much disc but I can see where it might be useful vs photon.

Last edited:
You get any nitros that were flatter than the rest? Hoping I can find some mutants that are a little flat for FH duties...

Any Boss to Nitro comparisons yet? I am taking my gorgeous white 165g Nitro out for a maiden voyage later this afternoon. Can't wait.

Dang. Nitro gets to where it is going in a hurry. Does not have huge fade on it but no doubt it is OS. Fights a headwind very well. A beefy Photon.

Dang. Nitro gets to where it is going in a hurry. Does not have huge fade on it but no doubt it is OS. Fights a headwind very well. A beefy Photon.

How far were you throwing it?

Only 350 today with headwind. It is beefy, that is for sure. But controllable. I am going to give it more of a go tomorrow and see what it is made of. But I have a feeling that if I want it to be a max distance disc, I will need to get ahold of an eventual fission in the 150s or beat this 165 grammer up.

Picked up a white 171g nitro with some tourney winnings the other day. This disc is definitely too much for me to throw BH, unless I just need a skippy OS shot. It is however pretty good for a FH disc for me. I got one that I think is a tad less domey than the others they had and feels pretty good in my FH grip. Not sure if it will make the bag permanently but it will stay for the short term.

Don't hear much about the Nitro. I like mine a lot for controlled distance shots. Always know its gonna fade hard at the end and park itself predictably.

Here's me using it on a ~500' upshot with tons of OB to the right and a fairly narrow landing zone. #5 at Angry Beaver. Knew if I tossed it hard with some anny it'd finish pretty much dead straight with no chance of going into the OB.

I wish there were more holes where I could throw the Nitro in Charlotte...most are too short. Its a blast to toss though...goes so far!

That makes me want to quit playing... I cant throw this thing BH more than 250... in a headwind... downhill. I just like having it in the bag for FH and the occasional skip hyzer.

That's a heck of a throw, Mike. The Nitro is a big boy disc for sure, but it could also find rolls in average bags. If anything, IMO, it's the best skipping disc that MVP makes. That alone can earn it a spot, depending on the courses you play.

My Nitro is breaking in nicely @168g. It's starting to take over the new (fresh) Octane role. I can't get it quite as far as the Octane but it's great when I need a solid fade I can count on. Great DD lineup for sure.

Nitro = fresh beefy Destroyer
Octane = worn in straight to flippy Destroyer
Catalyst = beat flippy Destroyer

Nice to have that compliment off the shelf