• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NJ FROLFERS!

5thElement

I'm a Ranger for the Monmouth County Parks, and I have concsidered proposing that they build if not more than one, at least one course in on of their parks and I was wondering if there was anyone here that plays in NJ that would like to see that happen? I know the PDGA website has a packet that you print out to give to your local parks department and I wanted to possibly get a petition together while I was at it... Any interested?

Letters from current disc golf courses around your areas might help a committee decide in your favor. Obviously providing the disc golf course has had a positive impact on wherever the letters are coming from.

I am not technically a NJ frolfer. However all of my adult children live in NJ and 2 of them play when they come to visit me in Western NY. We would play when we visit in NJ. NJ has a serious lack of courses and Monmouth County is pretty centrally located. If you build it, they will come. :)

yeah definitely...I wanted to get a whole package together to present to them...I don't know how to go through with the process if it gets accepted...I know I can't design a course...thank you for suggestions though....Buffalo what!?!?!

Definitely feelin that Simpletwist... When I was in the Police Academy I heard rumors that one of our parks was gettin one, but I'm just sick of rumors...I want it to happen, I need an excuse to escape the real world and just relax...Plus I need some stores around here to actually sell some discs...

Buffalo what!?!?!

Uhh. Buffalo, NY. Second largest city in the state of NY, located in close proximity to Niagara Falls. But yeah. I would go to every park office that has a disc golf course and see if there is any way they could write a letter of recommendation. Maybe start an online petition using a free site like http://www.petitiononline.com/ and post the link on every local & national disc golf board you can find.

Why is it that despite the numerous discussions on the forum about what a bad term "frolfing" is, that we continue to use it? We're only hurting ourselves here people. Is that a northeast term or something? That term doesn't fly down south.

Why is it that despite the numerous discussions on the forum about what a bad term "frolfing" is, that we continue to use it? We're only hurting ourselves here people. Is that a northeast term or something? That term doesn't fly down south.

No, it isnt a northeast thing.
It isn't even a Jersey thing ...

Not a NE thing. It gives me douche chills as well. But I didn't want to beat up someone that is not in the know. He's a park ranger. Mister Ranger it's "Disc Golf" :)

Good thing the frolf police are up and at 'em. The guy is obviously a recreational player. I just saw in another thread that he hasn't played in over a year. I bet a bunch of people jumping down his throat about what he wants to call a recreational sport is going to get him really excited about trying to put in a course. What's really hurting disc golf? Him using the term term "frolf" or your pretentiousness?

are you kidding me bro...I lived in NC for 5 years where I learned to play with a bunch of my buddies and they all "FROLFED"...always gotta be that guy that just can't enjoy the sport...and btw Rikarbob...I know where Buffalo is...that was like a BUFFALO WHAT WHAT!?!?!?! I know a bunch of people from that area, and haven't had a single problem with a person that comes from that area...I even resepect the Sabres big time...

I'm a Ranger for the Monmouth County Parks, and I have concsidered proposing that they build if not more than one, at least one course in on of their parks and I was wondering if there was anyone here that plays in NJ that would like to see that happen? I know the PDGA website has a packet that you print out to give to your local parks department and I wanted to possibly get a petition together while I was at it... Any interested?

Im from central Jersey (Trenton/Hamilton/Princeton area)
and Id love to see a good course get put in the state. But we need a really good 18 holer ... no more crummy 9 holers. Matt LaCourte is located in North Jersey and he is a course designer. There are also several capable course deisgners in Eastern PA. I actually had a thread about course designers in the NJ/PA area that helped me some. Let me know what you hear as I would be very interested.
Check out the NJ disc golfers social group for some more info on disc golfing in the state

amazing how I try and promote some unity and get some people together to push the message, and some flamers trash my forum with their toxic negativity...My impression of John Lennon in the 21st century

Good thing the frolf police are up and at 'em. The guy is obviously a recreational player. I just saw in another thread that he hasn't played in over a year. I bet a bunch of people jumping down his throat about what he wants to call a recreational sport is going to get him really excited about trying to put in a course. What's really hurting disc golf? Him using the term term "frolf" or your pretentiousness?

I hope that neither one are hurting him. I apologize if I came off as pretentious to you rikardob.
I don't like the term "frolf". Just stating my opinion bro. No offense intended.
If anyone knows where I can get a frolf police tee shirt, or some sort of badge even, I'd appreciate it. :)

just go to a t-shirt website and have one made...I know that what I say has nothing to do with living in New Jersey because before NJ and NC the past 7 years, I lived outside of the US...headin out to FROLF boys...later

yeah definitely...I wanted to get a whole package together to present to them...I don't know how to go through with the process if it gets accepted...I know I can't design a course...thank you for suggestions though....Buffalo what!?!?!

Originally from Buffalo, living in Niagara Falls now. We played our first pro caliber course yesterday, Black Diamond at Emery Park. Great time. And I couldn't agree more with the escape factor of frolf.

My nephew was a part of the group that put in the Emery Park course, so I'll ask him how they went about it. There is a local group here, Niagara Region Disc Golf Assoc. I think that's their name. They work with the park's departments and have put in a couple of course in the past 2 years.

Awesome! hope to hear more about it that...unfortuneately in New Jersey, everyone is like the supposed "Devils Fans" that all support in their minds but don't act upon it, and that's how they approach everything; including outdoor leisure....ahhhh to live in Alaska again....

Awesome! hope to hear more about it that...unfortuneately in New Jersey, everyone is like the supposed "Devils Fans" that all support in their minds but don't act upon it, and that's how they approach everything; including outdoor leisure....ahhhh to live in Alaska again....

Devils - YUCK!
Go Flyers!!
;)

5th element noticed your signiture.

O AND A PARTY ROCK!!!!:D

Latest posts