• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

No Pressure Nikko

watch the next hole, McCabe misses a 10 footer. Don't wanna sound like a dick but it's nice to see top-notch players miss stupid shots like the rest of us sometimes. Makes you realize that focus can be as important (or moreso) than ability.

Pretty sad as I was standing right there and he damn near skip aced the hole (475ft).

That video doesn't really show it or seem to be as loud maybe due to the wind but those three back to back putts the crowd was going freaking insane, then Nikko misses the ~20ft putt and it went dead.

Edit: The guy in the water is Patrick Brogdon who is on the Discgolfplanet.tv crew and lives in the Houston area.

Because of the ankle support, traction, durability.

this isn't basketball, and too much traction can be a bad thing (jamming your pivot = knee injury), and as long as my shoes dont fall apart, they are durable.

I don't know, I have never worn disc golf specific shoes, but they look like a scam to me ( or just hiking boots with 'disc golf' applied to them')

although, I am probably an idiot, so keep that in mind

I agree that too much traction is bad, that's why we don't wear cleats or spikes. But I just feel like you would want more grip than a basketball and especially a skate shoe. Who knows though. One of the pros playing the Golf Masters was wearing skate shoes.

Wow, great vid. I like how they actually FOLLOW the disc through the air instead of just watching it fade into the distance. I'm probably showing my ignorance here, but just why is that guy in the water, anyway? Tourney official?

Wow, great vid. I like how they actually FOLLOW the disc through the air instead of just watching it fade into the distance. I'm probably showing my ignorance here, but just why is that guy in the water, anyway? Tourney official?

I'm not 100% sure but I think he was probably looking for one of his Discs. He got out right after they finished the hole.

Great video to watch and wow, what a course. Looks like it is well taken care of by the locals. Loved the guy in the water...although in Texas I would worry about poisonous water snakes and reptiles. :gross:

I agree that too much traction is bad, that's why we don't wear cleats or spikes. But I just feel like you would want more grip than a basketball and especially a skate shoe. Who knows though. One of the pros playing the Golf Masters was wearing skate shoes.

grip is determined by 2 surfaces touching..obviously. look at the bottom of a skate show and basketball shoe. you will nothing but lines, completely flat..look at a cross training/HIKING shoe and you will see knobs and knuckles.

apply this same theory to a car tire. an all terrain tire versus a drag radial, which one will have a better grip/contact patch (without airing down tires, and lets say on a 17in rim)

Isn't a disc golf course 'all terrain'? I think the cross trainers are perfect, regardless if they are Noke or not. Cleats don't handle well at all on concrete tees.

Isn't a disc golf course 'all terrain'? I think the cross trainers are perfect, regardless if they are Noke or not. Cleats don't handle well at all on concrete tees.

yes COURSES are all terrain, but seeing them tee from concrete tees is what im basing my statement off of. i do change shoes depending on a courses pads, it only makes sense. youre not going to go to the drag strip on a mudding tire..and if you are..got help you(im well aware of the turbo diesel trucks running good times on swampers, there will ALWAYS be an exception to the norm)

Why you all gotta be hating on Nikko? He may look and talk like a nozzle but the guy is fun to watch play. i love the 'always go for it' attitude he has. if anyone should be get hated on its Dave for being a dick while on the course.

I hear ya. I think Climo mentioned Cross Trainers back in the day for the best shoe. (I think it was in a UTube video) You gotta keep in mind that States had 3 courses also, one being a temp course, so that had grass pads. ;)

Latest posts