• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nockamixon DGC indefinitely closed

I'm ab fab as well, you know!

Lol, I bet most of us aren't exactly Brad Pitt. I guess I'm just looking forward to everyone finding out my maxD is closer to 200':D

Brad Pitt wishes he were me.

Except for looks...

and the $$$$$$$...

and the wimin...

I walked the Nockamixon disc course yesterday. It looks like it has not been maintained at all for years... the forest has begun reclaiming it. Downed trees and high grasses adorn every fairway, the teeboxes are obscured beneath mats of weeds and grass, paths are overgrown and hard to find, wooden bridges and stairs are deteriorating and falling apart. It will take some serious effort to rebuild the course if it is to reopen.

Along my journey I noticed hundreds of dead trees marked with yellow slash marks. Presumably those are what is supposed to be removed. There was no sign of active or past tree removal work anywhere that I could find, other than those yellow marked trees.

In short, I can confirm the course is nonexistent at the moment. It was in a very sad state, and very sad to see. :( :( :( :( :(

Not nice, but thanks for the update. :(

That course was beautiful, those rock greens were like nothing I've seen anywhere. :(

Not nice, but thanks for the update. :(

That course was beautiful, those rock greens were like nothing I've seen anywhere. :(

It's no Nocky, but do check out Bootleggars Cave in Tylersport PA. I don't think the photos are updated on here but I can't remember (don't have time to check right now)

Bootleggers is a nice course. Granted it is not easy on the joints or the one who tends to be a bit of a klutz, but it was fun when I played it last. It is not in the same league as Nocky was though.

Dammit, the pictures I took there were on my old phone that self destructed. :mad:

There isn't a good picture of the green on here, unfortunately. I took a sweet panoramic that showed an almost 360 view of it, argh!

Bootleggers looks sweet!

There's maybe a dozen courses I finished with my round and turned around and said, "Wow, that was so awesome that I'm going to do that again!"

Nocky was one of these gems.

While I haven't bagged as many courses as you have, I am a bit of a bagger myself. Nockamixon was so amazing that I constantly struggled to just keep going back there which prevented me from bagging more. I wouldn't give back any of those times though. Really special place Nockamixon was. Hole 7 (or 16 depending on when you played there since they switched the front and back 9 numbering) with the undulating downhill drive to a basket with a drainage ditch behind it and a just a wall of rocks in front of it was so very neat. So many great shots though. The downhill hole (5 or 14) with a creek all the way under the anny shot or the hyzer shot that followed the footpath, but really couldn't ace and almost assuredly went into the creek if you kept it too high. Great balance of risk reward. Great views of the lake too on 16 (or 7). Terrifying green on 15. I actually hit the top of the basket on a hyzer from the tee and went all the way down the hill into the bushes after the roll. Was a solid 100 feet away. Obviously the friend I was with thought this was quite funny.

Anyways, RIP Nockamixon. You will forever be a top 10 course in my book.

2005 Worlds, I was part of the staff at Nocki. 12-14 hrs days made it a LONG week but it was fun and exhausting too. Sad to hear it might never come back.

Dammit, the pictures I took there were on my old phone that self destructed. :mad:

There isn't a good picture of the green on here, unfortunately. I took a sweet panoramic that showed an almost 360 view of it, argh!

Bootleggers looks sweet!

Found the picture! Heck yeah!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Nocky.jpg
    Nocky.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 303
While I haven't bagged as many courses as you have, I am a bit of a bagger myself. Nockamixon was so amazing that I constantly struggled to just keep going back there which prevented me from bagging more. I wouldn't give back any of those times though. Really special place Nockamixon was. Hole 7 (or 16 depending on when you played there since they switched the front and back 9 numbering) with the undulating downhill drive to a basket with a drainage ditch behind it and a just a wall of rocks in front of it was so very neat. So many great shots though. The downhill hole (5 or 14) with a creek all the way under the anny shot or the hyzer shot that followed the footpath, but really couldn't ace and almost assuredly went into the creek if you kept it too high. Great balance of risk reward. Great views of the lake too on 16 (or 7). Terrifying green on 15. I actually hit the top of the basket on a hyzer from the tee and went all the way down the hill into the bushes after the roll. Was a solid 100 feet away. Obviously the friend I was with thought this was quite funny.

Anyways, RIP Nockamixon. You will forever be a top 10 course in my book.

Found the picture! Heck yeah!

attachment.php

notapro, this is the hole whitefedora is talking about, isn't he??

I was a brand new player and played there constantly because it was so awesome, even though I would score in the 90s!

What a gorgeous, wild, and rough and tough but well-maintained gem.
I have very fond and very clear memories of it, and disc golf is lesser being down that really special course.

notapro, this is the hole whitefedora is talking about, isn't he??

I was a brand new player and played there constantly because it was so awesome, even though I would score in the 90s!

What a gorgeous, wild, and rough and tough but well-maintained gem.
I have very fond and very clear memories of it, and disc golf is lesser being down that really special course.

Yeah, that is the first hole I was describing as hole 7. I really love that hole. Great picture!

Yeah that's gotta be it. Its tucked away through a gap so you enter the green like stepping into a hidden oasis. Very unique, I can't really think of many other greens like that...

Yeah that's gotta be it. Its tucked away through a gap so you enter the green like stepping into a hidden oasis. Very unique, I can't really think of many other greens like that...

Funny, just posted about this hole in VIP the other day. Seeing that picture threw me off, I swore there was more water than that behind the basket. What is it like 4' wide or something?

Maybe it's a different hole.... that was over 5 years ago so the memory's a little hazy. :)

Maybe it's a different hole.... that was over 5 years ago so the memory's a little hazy. :)

100% same hole (best/favorite of my aces brag). I too am fuzzy...hadn't played it for a good year or more while still open.

I'm tempted to go up there and walk the course soon just for the nostalgia. Maybe I'll take some pictures too while I'm at it. Thinking about it I'll wait until spring so everything is luscious and beautiful not sad and wintery

Nocki was the best course I've played.

If you lose your concentration, the course would eat you alive.

I don't think I ever shot close to par there. But loved every minute of it.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

The hole numbers can be fuzzy, as at times 4 holes of the course were unplayable because of a protected animal nest (don't remember which one). This was one of just many epic holes Nockamixon offered. I remember breaking 100 there ONCE and I felt like the king of the world. In its last iteration, that would have been hole 7. Beautiful par 3 with the highway that runs through the park OB right and a couple of large ditches to get over, plus an OB crick literally 5' behind the basket.

I got a 3 on it once. Such a great course. If I was off on a Wednesday I'd go play it before my Wednesday night meetings in Quakertown less than 10 minutes away. It only exists as a memory for many now.

Latest posts