• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Non disc golf products that could benefit from Blizzard Technology?

Yeah, I really just wanted a sled made out of champion, but that wasn't the title of the thread, so I figured, whatever, bliz champ is pretty darn durable, still better than hardware store sleds.

there's your problem right there. you need to go to a sporting. goods store and shell out a decent amount for a quality sled that won't crack.

garublador I'm far from an injection molding expert, but isn't this technology already used other places?

http://machinedesign.com/article/bet...h-bubbles-0202
Mucell is not what Innova is using to produce "blizzard" discs. Mucell is microcellular foam - so many of so small bubbles that it turns transparent plastics opaque. It also requires fairly significant modifications to the injection molding machine - would be interesting to see.

Mucell is not what Innova is using to produce "blizzard" discs. Mucell is microcellular foam - so many of so small bubbles that it turns transparent plastics opaque. It also requires fairly significant modifications to the injection molding machine - would be interesting to see.
Interesting. So what's the advantage of Blizzard over Mucell or vice versa? I guess with Blizzard you apparently don't have to make significant modifications to your machine, but that's only an advantage if you're a small house or don't produce a lot of bubbled parts. The assumptions most seem to be making is that the advantage of Blizzard is lower weights/less plastic, but you get that with both, right? I'm interested to hear what types of products would benefit from one over the other. And I'm not intending any of that to sound sarcastic or snarky, I'm 100% positive that you're right and I'm really interested to hear the answers.

Why did no one say chocolate??

HersheysAirDelight.jpg

Latest posts