• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Non-Innova Rhyno

If you are dead set on moving away from Rhynos I'd also consider Sinus by Latitude 64. I swapped bags for a round with a friend and found Sinus to be pretty much precisely the same flight as my own Rhyno. It does feel very different in your hand though.

A lot of options you would think.

For me I an old ryhno thrower I now throw a Harp.

I never really loved the rim on the rhyno. The Harp for me really feels great in the hand.

I've been looking for something between Zones and Pures that are closer to Pures in the wind. I've looked at the Envy, Rhyno, Breaker, and Scale. The Envy and Breaker are the gliders. Rhyno and Scale are the bricks. I wound up switching out Pures with a Proxy and added the Scale for shorter beefy shots than where the Zone fails. It's an admittedly small window for using it.

Soooo, Scale.

Scale if you want a great base plastic.
Berg if you want great premium plastic.

Agreed, though the Berg is now available in K3 plastic, too.
The K2 reminds me more of old gummy Proline than Pro.
Clearwater is calling the K3 plastic grippy premium baseline (which is kind of an oxymoron), so maybe more like Pro. Have one on the way and will update the Berg thread when I get it.

Can't go wrong with either Berg or Scale.

RDG scale all day baby.

RDG Scale is the correct, and only answer. I dubbed it a Rhyno killer the first time I threw it.

Anyone say the Scale yet?

Ha! I kid. Seriously though, Scale.

RDG scale.

I've heard good things about the shaman but I've never thrown them.

the FS has stiff pro rhynos that are money.. and they just restocked.. just saying it's not hard the replace pro rhynos atm.

I'll throw in another vote for the scale.

Scale kicked the Rhyno out of my bag, it had been there for three years. The Scale has the exact same flight path and a slightly deeper rim, very slight, that fits my hand better for backhand. My Rhyno was strictly for sidearm approach shots and runs at the basket, scale does it all just as good.

I've been looking for something between Zones and Pures that are closer to Pures in the wind. I've looked at the Envy, Rhyno, Breaker, and Scale. The Envy and Breaker are the gliders. Rhyno and Scale are the bricks. I wound up switching out Pures with a Proxy and added the Scale for shorter beefy shots than where the Zone fails. It's an admittedly small window for using it.

Soooo, Scale.

Scale.

The Tank and Panzer are beadless versions of the Rhyno and Gator, right?

From a die hard Ontario Pro Rhyno thrower, another vote for the Tank. I'm down to two Pro Rhyno back ups and after much searching, found two Tanks that felt an ideal match to the flex and surface texture that I like. I introduced the first Tank last month in place of the Rhyno I would have rotated in (I carry 2) and so far so good on the OS drive and approach duties. Head wind putting is about the same as the Pro Rhyno which can have a tendency to be distracting in the hand as it wiggles while you're trying to concentrate the line up but I moved to the stiff Pro Pig for that a long time ago and never looked back.

The Tank and Panzer are beadless versions of the Rhyno and Gator, right?

Not quite, the tank is the rhyno top with an Aviar bottom, so that part is basically correct, but the panzer is the exact same mold as the tank just in a softer plastic.
Was talking to the millenium/hyzerbomb reps at mho and they're going to eliminate the panzer name and just call them the firm tank and soft tank

I think a soft Westside Harp would be the way to go. completely flat and has the same similar flight pattern to a Rhyno

Latest posts