• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Non Microfiber Towel

Anyone know where you can get a golf towel that isn't microfiber? Like a towel that you dry off from a shower with, with a grommet corner on a clip. I'm tired of my microfiber golf towel picking up everything it touches and I feel a regular old towel does a better job anyway. So I replaced my towel with a old worn shower towel and I don't want to go back, though I would like the convenience of hanging it from my bag rather than putting it in my bag.

Know of anything like that?

Cheap walmart hand towels plus one of the $10 little hole puncher thingies that puts grommets in, then you can pick whatever towels you like best.

The term you're looking for is Terrycloth.

You can find them in the golf section at just about any sporting goods store.

Thanks Everyone, looks like I'll take my nice beat up towel and make my own disc golf towel.
Any ideas where this kit would be at lowes? I planned on going there after work anyway.

I wait for my local Target or Walmart to mark down some seasonal bath hand towels or kitchen towels, usually ugly ones. Punch my own grommet holes like described.

amazon has a nice brand with every sports team you could imagine around $15 shipped. real quality golf towels

I'm not one to shill or use only disc golf marketed products--for example, I have used DIY backpacks-- but, the innova dew fly towels really are great.

http://proshop.innovadiscs.com/dewfly.html

They don't pick up stuff like microfiber, they are very absorbent, and dry quickly. I have three and its all the towels I really need ... although, I do still carry a couple microfibers if it's muddy for the first pass so I don't get the dew flys more dirty than necessary.

I'm not one to shill or use only disc golf marketed products--for example, I have used DIY backpacks-- but, the innova dew fly towels really are great.

http://proshop.innovadiscs.com/dewfly.html

They don't pick up stuff like microfiber, they are very absorbent, and dry quickly. I have three and its all the towels I really need ... although, I do still carry a couple microfibers if it's muddy for the first pass so I don't get the dew flys more dirty than necessary.

I'll second the Dewfly towel, nice and absorbent but doesn't get soaking wet, also doesn't grab any leaves off the ground on you either.

Innovas dewfly rocks! I've got two of them. They absorb water and clean off dirt like a boss. My first is still working strong after 2 years

I had some dividend $$ coming from my REI membership, so I picked up this camp towel.

Same type of material as Innova's Dewfly, but larger. Burrs, leaves, and other natural debris don't latch on to it, but it soaks up water nicely and is great for wiping that dusty feeling off my discs when they land in dry, dusty patches. I don't like Birdie bags or rub my hands in sand for grip like some people do. I like hand touching disc, with nothing in between, so I even use a towel on dry days.