• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Non Stop Disc Golf Updates

Nice blog Will! Cool to see the insider take of touring and what goes on in your head. Took about 10 min to read though;)

Nice blog Will! Cool to see the insider take of touring and what goes on in your head. Took about 10 min to read though;)

Definitely well written. :clap: Either he has creative writing ability or he has a good ghost writer. :)

Great to see you guys sharing on here. I look forward to following the fun.

Great job guys -- awesome idea!

I'm signed up for the clinic in Houston and I can't wait!

He just needs to learn how to write in paragraphs.

I hope that didn't stop you from reading through to the end. There's an almost naughty sentence near the end that will bring out your inner middle-schooler. I'm looking forward to reading more of their stories, and would love to see them pass through Atlanta sometime this year.

I wonder if Will knows he had the option to play this hole differently? After going OB, he had the choice of playing from his previous lie which was apparently only 30 ft out. Perhaps he didn't want to try to make the same putt again and welcomed the new lie?

From the Blog:

Towards the end of the 3rd round I was within 2 strokes with 2 of the easiest holes left to play. Hole 17 is downhill 220ft on a side of a hill with OB 20ft left of the pin. Paul parked it and I ended up 30ft short with an uphill putt. My putt was 1in short, bounced off the trey, and rolled downhill OB and left me with an uphill 35ft putt for 4, which I missed by a mile. It was pretty devastating to say the least.

An important rule to know when playing courses with OB near the target.

PDGA Rules of Play

B.A player whose disc is considered out-of-bounds shall receive one penalty throw. The player may elect to play the next shot from: (1) The previous lie as evidenced by the marker disc or, if the marker disc has been moved from an approximate lie, as agreed to by the majority of the group or an official; or (2) A lie that is up to one meter away from and perpendicular to the point where the disc last crossed into out-of-bounds, as determined by a majority of the group or an official. This holds true even if the direction takes the
lie closer to the hole; or (3) Within the designated Drop Zone, if provided. These options may be limited by the tournament director as a special condition (see 804.01).

I think that it is great that these guys are getting together to travel this year, especially since they could possibly make more money if they traveled separately, and played 2-4 different tournaments on a given weekend instead of one. For example, instead of them getting paychecks for two first place finishes and two second place finishes if they played two different events, they are now fighting for first through fourth place at the same event, and we know how rapidly the payoff drops past the first two spots.

Instead of the "divide and conquer" strategy, hopefully against weaker competition, they are now guaranteed to be competiting against at least three fierce competitors every time.

Hopefully, the money saved by sharing travel expenses will make up for the decrease in total prize money won. Anybody else got thoughts about their strategy? Maybe they should split up when there are a couple of events that are not too terribly far from each other, then meet up at the A tier and NT events.

I think that it is great that these guys are getting together to travel this year, especially since they could possibly make more money if they traveled separately, and played 2-4 different tournaments on a given weekend instead of one. For example, instead of them getting paychecks for two first place finishes and two second place finishes if they played two different events, they are now fighting for first through fourth place at the same event, and we know how rapidly the payoff drops past the first two spots.

Instead of the "divide and conquer" strategy, hopefully against weaker competition, they are now guaranteed to be competiting against at least three fierce competitors every time.

Hopefully, the money saved by sharing travel expenses will make up for the decrease in total prize money won. Anybody else got thoughts about their strategy? Maybe they should split up when there are a couple of events that are not too terribly far from each other, then meet up at the A tier and NT events.

I think they, like any other crew, split winning.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Non-Stop-Disc-Golf/269283149811914?ref=ts

Anybody who is interested in keeping up to date with our tour, we would appreciate it if you would like and share our page! We just got done showing a school demonstration down in Taos, NM and talked with their Sports Alliance about getting Disc Golf more involved with their schools and communities. We will be posting pictures on our facebook page and nonstopdiscgolf.com

Thanks!

Great read! It's awesome what you guys are doing. Really wish I could make it down to Austin while Non Stop is there. East Metro is a GREAT course, probably the best in the Austin metro IMO.

Latest posts