• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noob from Maine

JHeck488

So I'm a new guy from central Maine. I just started to really get into this awesome sport this summer. I have thrown a few times before that with friends just messing around, but just started to appreciate it this year, and LOVE IT. I can't keep myself away from my local course. I got one of those beginner sets (Leopard, Shark, Aviar), which has been treating me good. I am a RHFH, it just seems more natural to me, and after working just standstill for a little bit I started to do a run up for drives. Once I got the hang of that I noticed the difference right away, so like a lot of guys I was thinking, go bigger and longer and went out and bought a Camp Boss. After joining this site (awesome by the way and full of very useful knowledge) found out that that wasn't the right move. But I am throwing it 250-300, sometimes good (300), sometimes bad (150 worm burner into the ground).
I was wondering if anyone had some good advice for an up and coming RHFH. Also, if anyone out there is in my area and would like to play a round let me know. Thanks guys

Well you a lucky in that you live inthe best disc golf city of a disc golf rich state. If you are intreasted in competition there are many tourneys. Click the link in my sig.

Thanks for the info on the tourneys and the welcome. I'm naturally a pretty competitive guy and wouldn't mind doing tournaments, I just wouldn't really know the first step in getting into them.

Just find something on the callender that looks intreasting to you show up and play Rec or Int.

welcome heck, this site can be wonderful and terrible if you let it, but the sport, pure awesome.

bry your spelling is about as nice as your hand writing:p guess i have no place to talk with my punctuation:wall: