• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

OK this may have been covered in the last 300 or so pages but i didn't read them and i did a search and got no results. Ok How do you know when a driver is to fast for you? I mean today i threw a nice flex with my Champion boss(im sure you have heard that) it went about 350 (111 paces) and faded nicely in the last 80 or so feet around a tree. Basically it did exactly what i wanted it to do except for go in but i got the birdie. It occurred to me i could for sure throw that far with say my valkyrie. So i was thinking i use my lower speed drivers for my laser shots(or tighter flex) and when i want a big flex or flip i use my higher speeds. This really doesn't seem like the right approach. I just feel like i can more consistently hit the big flex shots with that boss. i just cant quiet get them to do those nice straight flat shots. For the record i do throw the lower speeds more than the high speeds but i feel like maybe i should either stop throwing the high speeds for a while or get a better variety of discs and maybe i can throw some of those high speeds more straight. What do you guys think?

OK this may have been covered in the last 300 or so pages but i didn't read them and i did a search and got no results. Ok How do you know when a driver is to fast for you? I mean today i threw a nice flex with my Champion boss(im sure you have heard that) it went about 350 (111 paces) and faded nicely in the last 80 or so feet around a tree. Basically it did exactly what i wanted it to do except for go in but i got the birdie. It occurred to me i could for sure throw that far with say my valkyrie. So i was thinking i use my lower speed drivers for my laser shots(or tighter flex) and when i want a big flex or flip i use my higher speeds. This really doesn't seem like the right approach. I just feel like i can more consistently hit the big flex shots with that boss. i just cant quiet get them to do those nice straight flat shots. For the record i do throw the lower speeds more than the high speeds but i feel like maybe i should either stop throwing the high speeds for a while or get a better variety of discs and maybe i can throw some of those high speeds more straight. What do you guys think?

Basically, if you have to throw with anny (to get that big flex) to get anything resembling a straight flight than the disc is probably too fast for you.

If you can throw a disc flat or better with a little hyzer and get it to go straight and/or turnover clean (without off axis torque) AND go decently far for the disc, then you know you're getting the disc up to speed.

ok i got you i think its probably a little fast for me yet then. Im not putting much anny on it but i am putting a little i would say somewhere between 5 and ten degrees if i had to guess. Also when i try to hyzer it flat it ends up hyzering out 2 out of 3 times. I usually use it as a disc i'll throw flat on a dog leg for the reliable fade or for a big flex. It is tough for me to flatten it out and limit the fade for sure. Thanks ive been wondering about that. What should i do for practice to start flattening it out? Also i feel like i have eliminated the Off axis torque issue from my game. what are other signs of OAT beyond the obvious fluttering at the beginning of the flight?

ok i got you i think its probably a little fast for me yet then. Im not putting much anny on it but i am putting a little i would say somewhere between 5 and ten degrees if i had to guess. Also when i try to hyzer it flat it ends up hyzering out 2 out of 3 times. I usually use it as a disc i'll throw flat on a dog leg for the reliable fade or for a big flex. It is tough for me to flatten it out and limit the fade for sure. Thanks ive been wondering about that. What should i do for practice to start flattening it out? Also i feel like i have eliminated the Off axis torque issue from my game. what are other signs of OAT beyond the obvious fluttering at the beginning of the flight?

Can you throw an understable disc on a pure hyzer shot without it flipping over?

Is there a formula for discerning how much more stable a disc becomes at higher elevations? And likewise how much more under stable at lower elevations?

The extra plastic around where the parts of the mold meets. The plastic leaks into the cracks slightly.

Upload it to a photo sharing site like imgur or to an album in your profile here on dgcr. Once you've done that, you can grab the url (web address) of the image and put it in between

Ams can play in pro divisions without issue. If a player accepts a cash prize they are then classified as a pro and are limited somewhat by what divisions they can play in the future. Players can also play in a pro division and take prizes instead of cash. This preserves their amateur status.

So if you buy the $50 pdga membership and play open..
You become pro and don't have to pay the extra money?

Latest posts