• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

Here are pics of the disc, is this generally considered a very beat up disc?

Attachments

• IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0090.jpg
    IMG_0090.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 72
@keltik actually there is one spot on the rim which is in somewhat bad shape (small chunk missing) from hitting a tree - i dont know if this would cause it?

no, it sounds more like you've been bitten by the OAT monster.

EDIT: after the photo review it may be the disc. that bad boy is roller material.

LOL thanks keltik, I suspected as much since I wasnt seeing the same behavior with the new beast - but since i'm still not always consistent in my throws (newbie) I wasnt sure if it was me or the disc.

Not sure if this has been asked but does the color of a disc have to do with its flight as in if its a white disc will it be more overstable than say an orange disc?

Some people claim DC discs suffer from this, I haven't noticed it but I don't throw a ton of DC. If they do have the issue than it is probably from different colors cooling different or something like that.

yeah I remember people used to say all kinds of stuff about DC color variations. most of that has been quashed since the revelation of parting line height effects.

Does just about everyone prefer higher grade plastics like star rather than DX or pro? Im sure theres some people out there who do but i was wondering if it is a more common opinion than one might think

There used to be an old school of thought that white, yellow, and orange discs were of less quality than other colors. In general, I also found it to be true. I'm not sure if it applies anymore. Everyone throws colors these days that you wouldn't be caught dead with in days gone by; i.e. pink discs....

Does just about everyone prefer higher grade plastics like star rather than DX or pro? Im sure theres some people out there who do but i was wondering if it is a more common opinion than one might think

premium plastic drivers, mid or low grade for putters for me. I love mids and putters with beads that need to break in to go straight but people who love buzzzes/coyotes/makos probably love premium mids also.

zippertop refers to tiny concentric circles left on the disc by a new mold. when you rub your finger on top, it sounds like a zipper/record.

frank ..why does my roc have this small big bird stamp on the back...? what does it mean.....?

DSC00770.jpg

frank ..why does my roc have this small big bird stamp on the back...? what does it mean.....?

DSC00770.jpg

There are a lot of guys around here in NC that use stamps as their disc identifiers. Wyatt Coggins, Andrew Coggins, Wiggins Jr, and the High Point guys almost all do it. I know Wyatt's for a while was a roc in a circle and another guy's was the innova first run stamp minus the lettering. So without knowing if Innova did it themselves for some reason, I would guess it was someone who did it as a identifying mark.

Latest posts